RESPONSIBILITIES:Kforce has a client seeking a Post Ship Documentation Representative in Richmond, Virginia (VA).
The ideal candidate will actively track and follow up on aging Certificates of Medical Necessity and Assignment of Benefits forms to reduce unbilled revenue. You will document actions taken during the course of follow up on CMNs and any additional paperwork. The individual will log signed and returned CMNs. You will also accurately resolve and address problems encountered during the follow up process.
- Contact (outbound phone calls) physician's offices to check the status of outstanding forms on a designated schedule
- Contact patients (outbound phone calls) to discuss Assignment of Benefits or Proof of Delivery requirements and to follow up on unsigned documents
- Create documents required based on payer guidelines and submit them to the designated physician
- Closely monitor the timely filing guidelines of all payers to ensure that outstanding claims are billed within the payers timely filing period
- Receive inbound call volume that can include patient questions, physician information updates, patient complaints, etc.
- Identify incorrect patient information and work with the physician and patient to bring the problem to a resolution
- Resend forms as needed to physicians for signature
- Communicate any ongoing documentation issues related to a physician or referral to the applicable sales representative
- Closely monitor and update the billing system - including the Patient, Doctor, Referral, Supporting Documentation and Billing Files
- Validate and Log returned CMNs, AOBs, and PODs in the billing system - contacting the physician's office or patient to discuss any discrepancies
- Communicate any issues encountered during the documentation retrieval process to the Team Lead and/or Department Manager
- High School diploma/GED
- College level coursework in Business or Accounting helpful
- Minimum 2-year reimbursement operations experience which may include insurance verification, billing, claim adjudication
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.