We have an opening with our Rockville, MD client partner for a Postgres DB Developer. This positon will be doing a mix of application development and database development as well as some production support within the financial industry. This is full lifecycle application/database development from requirements analysis and design through to implementation and maintenance. This position is part of an on-call rotation. We’re looking for someone who stays up on current trends and will research and learn new data technologies as they are needed. You’ll be working within a team of intelligent individuals on business critical systems.
This will start as a 12-month contract and will either be extended long-term or has the potential for contract-to-hire if you both agree it is a good fit.
Required skills include:
- 5+ years of database experience
- 4+ years of Postgres experience with SQL and PL/pgSQL (9.x/10.x preferred)
- 3+ years of UNIX shell scripting experience
- Strong understanding of performance analysis, tuning and optimization
- Experience working with business and technical teams to define data and application requirements
- Must have demonstrated experience in working with other database and application developers to define application architecture/best practices.
- Desired Skills:
- (+) AWS RDS experience
- (+) Experience in an Agile/Scrum environment
- (+) Oracle Experience
- (+) Financial Industry experience.
SES hires W2 benefitted and W2 non-benefitted consultants. Benefits include group Medical/Dental insurance/Vision/Life/ LT and ST Disability, 21 days of accrued paid time off, 401k, Tuition Reimbursement, Performance Bonuses, Paid Overtime and more. Salary/rate ranges depending on experience level.
Because of the sensitive financial subject matter, this position will require a full background check before you start. It takes about 3-5 days to complete.
** Due to corporate regulations, we cannot work with outside companies on this opening – only direct W2 individual candidates representing themselves to SES, please. **
SESC, Sr. Technical Recruiter
11951 Freedom Drive
Reston, VA 20190
O: (720) 550-4250