At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems has an opening for a level-4 Integrated Product Team (IPT) Lead to join our team of qualified and diverse individuals. These positions will be located in Baltimore, MD and placement will be commensurate with qualifications.
This individual will lead a cross-discipline engineering team typically ranging from 5-25 people and interface with Engineering & Program Management, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Mission Assurance. The applicant should have an understanding of power systems and conversion technologies (AC/AC, AC/DC and DC/DC) with a knowledge of the different topologies used in these applications.
Current need is for an individual to lead a production follow team which addresses a number of issues on a daily basis. A strong background in Earned Value Management is preferred.
Lead and direct cross-functional, engineering team during design, manufacturing, and delivery phases of products in development and production phases
Interpret statement of work assigned by program leadership
Develop and execute to project budgets and schedules, including Earned Value Management System (EVMS), critical path management, EACs, and workload forecasts
Interface with functional departments to secure team staffing
Work with suppliers and be able to articulate project requirements
Brief internal and customer leadership on progress of work assigned
The selected candidate will perform in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, and collaborative/team settings. The selected candidate is expected to be self-motivated, highly-organized, and detail oriented and possess effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Leadership and/or project management experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or STEM-related discipline with 9 years of experience, or Master's Degree and 7 years of experience
- Active and current Secret government clearance
- Experience as Technical lead, Integrated Product Team (IPT) Lead, or other leadership role to a program office or business function with demonstrated team building, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Experience as a Control Account Manager (CAM) managing Earned Value Management System (EVMS) projects
- Experience directly managing or leading engineering teams
- Fluency with developing and executing project schedules
- Basic understanding of the Design, Manufacturing and Test processes
- Problem-solving experience in a team environment
- PMP certification a plus
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.