The Seattle office of the law firm K&L Gates is seeking a full time Practice Assistant to support Tax and Real Estate lawyers. The successful candidate must have superior technical and social skills that include: expert software proficiency in Microsoft Word 2010, Excel, and Adobe Acrobat. Also, the successful candidate must be an organized self-starter, have an aptitude for attention to detail, a strong work ethic, excellent ability to follow up, excellent interpersonal skills, solid grammar and proofreading skills, be able to work independently and with a team.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Client/Matters: Work in Metastorm to request conflicts, create new client/matters and draft engagement letters
• Expenses: Submit expense reimbursements for various travel, dining, CLE, etc. expenses through Concur
• Filing: Work with Central Records to maintain client files; maintain personal files; order files/inserts
• Clients: Interact with clients via phone and email to schedule meetings, events and billing; work with client contacts to handle specific invoice procedures and confirm contract rates and terms.
• Time entry: Enter daily time entries into Webview; proofread and provide report for review, then close time
• Billing: Work with Accounting on specific billing processes for clients; create billing cover letters, make copies and any necessary changes to bills and mail to clients; work with the credit department regarding outstanding invoices; access and provide information on Webview regarding client accounts
• Documents: Make redline changes to various documents from handwritten notes; cleanup documents with technical issues; work with attorney and clients on various back and forth changes; create letters, memos, etc.; proofread various documents, agreements, memos and letters
• Copying/Scanning: Make copies for various mailings and billing; scan various items as requested
• Information: Maintain updated information for client/matter numbers, shortcut lists, client/attorney lists, presentations, transactions, BIOs, etc.
• CLEs: Handle approvals, scheduling, registration, etc. of CLEs and track credits
• Rates: Create and maintain exception rate list for client billing