Under the general direction of the Practice Manager, the Practice Coordinator is responsible for providing instruction and care to physician patients. Follows through with the patient or their physician offices on outstanding documentation needed to finalize the patient’s chart. Responsible for patient flow, scheduling, collection of demographics, and check-out. Assists with administrative duties as assigned by the Practice Manager and Physicians. Keeps the physician(s) informed of both progress and potential problems.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Graduate of a medical office specialist program highly preferred.
- Three years of previous experience in a healthcare setting preferred.
- Proficient in medical terminology.
- CPT & IDC9 coding abilities preferred.