Position SummaryWillamette Valley Cancer Institute and Research Center is looking for a Practice Director to manage their clinical operations. With three treatment centers in the greater Eugene/Corvallis area, WVCI needs a strong leader to help guide their teams to continued success and growth. This position will have both operational and strategic components – tracking and maintaining the day to day activities while looking ahead a potential growth initiative. We take a team-based approach to our patient care, so a collaborative mindset is imperative for this role. And as cancer care is an incredibly unique environment, previous oncology practice experience is preferred. Are you up for the challenge to lead our clinical team to continued success?
Employment Type: Full Time, Exempt 1.0FTE
Benefits: M/D/V, Life Ins., 401(k)
Location: Eugene, OR
Directs practice activities to ensure accomplishment of objectives, typically in a practice with a minimum of 25 physicians and/or gross revenues of $50 million. Implements practice objectives to ensure financial profitability through short and long range planning in order to achieve and maintain growth. Continually evaluates practice strategies and plans to meet changing national, state, and local needs. Supports and adheres to the US Oncology Compliance Program, to include the Code of Ethics and Business Standards. Supports and adheres to the US Oncology Compliance Program, to include the Code of Ethics and Business Standards, and US Oncology’s Shared Values
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops and implements policies, procedures and objectives. Ensures their adequate execution, compliance, and updates.
- Evaluates general and specific business conditions as they relate to operational issues and advises the governing body and the Executive Director on these matters.
- Advises and assists in developing organizational objectives, and plans for their achievement.
- Within scope of authority, oversees the development of systems (both manual and automated) to properly support practice-wide activities based upon business need. Directs the coordination of hardware and software requirements of existing and future systems.
- Directs the development and implementation of organizational procedures and controls to promote communication and adequate information flow within the organization.
- Monitors, analyzes, assesses, and communicates practice progress. Considers present and planned capacity. In financial terms, considers manpower and practice needs, including facilities and technology.
- Directs the preparation and maintenance of management reports necessary to carry out functions of practice. Prepares periodic reports as necessary or required.
- Ensures compliance and adherence to the organization's structure, management philosophy, and mission statements.
- Oversees development and coordination of new office locations and their needs as required.
- Supervises all practice staff. Clinical work direction provided by physicians.
- Maintains effective clinical staff coverage for the practice within budgetary guidelines.
- Oversees the completion of performance evaluations including development of performance objectives and developmental goals each year. Assists in the development and preparation of short term and long range plans and budgets based on organization goals and objectives.
- Assists in hiring and coordination of training for all clinical leadership personnel.
- Directs the correct use of charge codes and educates all clinical staff in correct documentation per reimbursement guidelines.
- Develops new services and activities of patients, families and staff in accordance with practice service objectives.
- Develops annual operating goals and budget for the clinical department in support of the practices business plan under the direction of the Executive Director and Controller. Controls the clinical departments operating costs within budget parameters.
Experience and Education:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related business field.
- Minimum seven (7) years of experience in healthcare management, including at least five (5) years in a supervisory capacity
- MSN, MBA, or MHA highly preferred
- LEAN/Six Sigma (Green Belt or above) highly preferred
- Previous oncology experience highly preferred
More About The Company
Willamette Valley Cancer Institute and Research Center is an independent, physician-led practice delivering leading-edge technology and treatment options and conducting innovative research. Founders of the practice pioneered community-based care to enable more cancer patients to receive high-quality care while staying close to the critical support of family and friends. We are committed to excellence which means providing the latest in cancer-fighting medical treatments and technologies.
Located in the beautiful Eugene-Springfield area, a mid-sized community where you can experience the splendor of all four seasons in a moderate climate. The South Willamette Valley is known for being wine country, and Eugene is a haven for wine lovers and craft beer enthusiasts. Superb skiing or a walk on the beach is within an hour's drive. Home to TrackTown USA and the University of Oregon, it's a mecca for runners and fans of track and football.
As a member of The US Oncology Network, one of the nation's largest community-based cancer treatment and research networks, WVCI participates in leading-edge clinical trials through US Oncology research, which has helped develop 71 FDA approved cancer therapies. We serve the Eugene, Corvallis, and Springfield communities with three clinical offices located throughout the Central Oregon area.
To learn more about WVCI and its daily mission, please visit our website at www.oregoncancer.com
The US Oncology Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
The US Oncology Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.