Under the direct supervision of the Director of Surgical Services and the Charge Nurse these RN positions are responsible for implementing the Post Anesthesia Care record, nursing care plan and the assimilation of the patient’s hospital record for Baylor Surgical Hospital at Fort Worth and Baylor Surgical Hospital at Fort Worth Outpatient Center He/She is also responsible for implementing all physician orders, providing for the continuity and quality nursing care for all patients, with continual evaluation of the patients’ condition, providing patient safety comfort, and privacy at all times. He/She may assist the physicians in the procedure rooms with various tasks, conscious sedation and utilizing sterile technique as deemed appropriate.
The Pre-Op & PACU nurse positions require the following skills:
- Excellent communication skills;
- Good organization habits;
- Ability to adapt to change quickly;
- Strong knowledge base relative to surgery procedures and management of the surgical patient;
- Understands principles of aseptic technique and their implementation;
- Ability to care for patients from infancy to geriatrics;
- Excellent teaching skills;
- Basic knowledge of continuous quality improvement ideology
- Ability to utilize Electronic Heath Care Record for patient documentation.
The Pre-Op & PACU nurse positions require the following qualifications and experience:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing;
- Current Texas Nursing License;
- Minimum of two (2) years experience in a hospital setting;
- Current BLS required; must get ACLS and PALS within 6 months of hire date.