Your role as a Prep/Line Cook at a Lowlands Group Restaurant is extremely important to our success. You will be trained extensively on how to perform your job. Your speed and efficiency are imperative to the smooth operation of the kitchen and the satisfaction of our guests.
Prep/Line Cook are the Drivers in the back of the house and last line of defense for the restaurant. A high volume of perfectly executed recipes will be made by your hands every day. Prep/Line Cook will work with fellow team members in a respectful, courteous and polite manner. The individual will work directly under Chef or Sous Chef.
- Sets up station according to restaurant guidelines.
- Prepares all food items ads directed in a sanitary and timely manner.
- Follows recipes, portion controls, and presentation specifications as set by the restaurant.
- Restocks all items as needed throughout shift.
- Cleans and maintains station in practicing good safety, sanitation, organizational skills.
- Has understanding and knowledge to properly use and maintain all equipment in station.
- Assists with the cleaning, sanitation, and organization of kitchen, walk-in coolers, and all storage areas.
- Performs additional responsibilities, although not detailed, as requested by the Chef or Kitchen Manager at any time.
- Basic understanding of professional cooking and knife handling skills.
- Understanding and knowledge of safety, sanitation and food handling procedures.
- Previous prep or line cook experience.
- Ability to take direction.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure.
- Must have problem solving abilities, be self-motivated, and organized.
- Commitment to quality service, and food and beverage knowledge.
General Physical Demands for the Position:
Prep/Line Cooks will regularly stand for long periods of time, bend, stoop, turn, lift, talk, walk, walk on uneven ground, carry and lift up to fifty (50) pounds. Team lift is required for anything over twenty-five (25) pounds or any awkward lifting.