PRIME FUNCTION: Developing and teaching children within the Center’s mission.
- Trains, develops, supervises, and actively works with each child in the class.
- Plans and implements daily programs and lesson plans and the learning environment. Coordinates lesson plans with external vendors and special education services as appropriate.
- Supervises all activities to ensure development and safety of the children.
- Develops good rapport with all assigned children and their families as well as other staff.
- Assists children in developing good personal hygiene, changes diapers or assists with toilet training.
- Ensures classroom is maintained in a neat and organized manner.
- Reports problems which may occur, as appropriate, under Center directives and Virginia law.
- Develops and promotes appropriate early childhood education experiences for all children.
- Remains calm during children’s upsets and under emergency situations.
- Plans and holds conferences with parents.
- Creates and maintains all required reports and records.
- Develops increased knowledge of child development education and practices and maintains CDA certification at a minimum.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
AA in childhood education, with BA preferred. CDA certification required unless hold a BA in early childhood education. Very good interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with children. Ability to handle high volume of activity effectively and in a pleasant, professional manner. Maturity, a professional attitude, and self-direction are vital. Demonstrated ability to work with wide range of people successfully, with ability to speak a second language (Spanish preferred). Very good PC literacy required.
Reports to: Lead Teacher
Supervises: Child Development Aid
EEO Category: Professional
FLSA Status: Exempt
ADA: Able to lift 40 lbs. Good vision, hearing, and speaking, good mobility to work with children on floor and playground with repetitive stretching and stooping, able to walk up and down stairs and work outdoors, able to move children in emergency cribs.
To apply please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.orgHelp