Medical Specialties Distributors, LLC (MSD) is looking for an experienced Preventative Maintenance Technician (PM Tech) for our growing company!
The PM Tech position is an entry-level technician capable of doing preventative maintenance on medical equipment, and will be expected to learn the operation of a variety of biomedical equipment. A technical background will allow for advancement within the biomedical field. He/she will be expected to participate in business growth and productivity improvement initiatives.
• Will perform preventative maintenance on medical equipment.
• Will identify training needs for self.
• Will assure the service area is clean and orderly, providing a safe environment for service personnel.
• Will assure accurate database entry and reports.
• Expected to meet production goals set for department.
• Will clean and decontaminate equipment if needed.
• Will participate if needed in the department on call rotation as required.
• Will assist if needed with the Shipping and Receiving of equipment.
• Will be expected to work Overtime with short notice.
• Will participate in the Bi-annual inventory of equipment.
• Other duties and tasks as directed by the Supervisor.
Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills & Abilities):
• High school diploma or GED
• Knowledge of various hospital and/or homecare medical equipment preferred.
• Excellent customer service skills
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to communicate with all levels of personnel
• Strong attention to detail, ability to maintain focus with intermittent distractions
• Strong organization and time management skills
• Professionalism and mature sense of accountability
• Enthusiasm for the MSD Mission
• Must be capable of cleaning, moving and organizing portable medical equipment.
• Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and learn quickly
• Willing to be a team player
• Ability to multitask and meet deadlines
• Ability to work under pressure with positive attitude
• Ability to remain flexible and respond to changing priorities while remaining focused on results