How do cyber terrorists get past the industries best? They don't. There are too many of us fighting virtual threats, protecting enterprises and entire countries from large-scale attacks. From creating a citywide wireless network for our first responders, to protecting our nation from cyber threats, to building software-defined radios that change how our military communications, our Information Systems team helps life run smoothly and safely.
If you are the sort of person who loves a challenge and likes to be involved in serious organizational and software change -- Then what is happening in the Cyber and Intelligence Mission Solutions Division is the place for you. This is without a doubt one of the most interesting and exciting times to join an organization like ours. The culture is one of excellence; team work, learning, delivered value and people. We are looking for people who love to learn and take initiative to really make this happen.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a Principal Software Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals located at Annapolis Junction, MD.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The Principal Software Engineer on Analytic Framework will be responsible for tuning, hardening and scaling a topic model. The ideal candidate will have NoSQL database and software development background. The task will involve working with a small team of highly qualified engineers to utilize Docker Containers, in an effort to scale, harden, and tune a model that utilizes MongoDB. Candidates must have experience with Docker containerization. Experience with Java, Ruby on Rails, or Python is desired, but not required for this task.
- At least 15 years in software development/engineering, including requirements analysis, software development, installation, integration, evaluation, enhancement, maintenance, testing, and problem diagnosis/resolution.
- At least 8 years developing software using the Java programming language. At least 6 years of this experience must have been obtained in the last 8 years.
- The ideal candidate will have experience with Optical Character Recognition (OCR), Semantic Search, Docker Containerization, MongoDB engineering, elastic search, content extraction, and VMware.
- Experience utilizing MongoDB Enterprise with encryption.
- Experience developing in Java, Ruby on Rails, or Python is a plus.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Four (4) years of additional software engineering experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a bachelor's degree.
Security Clearance: An active TS/SCIclearance with polygraph is required.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.