Principal Data Engineer, Commercial Analytics
Premier San Antonio Company is adding to the team due to growth. This well-established Company is known for its phenomenal benefits, single digit turnover, team atmosphere, internal promotion track record, and work life balance. It has an incredible reputation for being people centric and a huge contributor to the community.
This role is very strategic and a highly visible role within the company. You get to drive the vision, be the evangelist, and take this great foundation of data to the data science, best in class level and center of excellence!!!!!
The Principal Data Engineer works collaboratively with the analyst team to create standards and best practices for BI and Data Science solutions. The candidate will also work closely with IT to implement business solutions into the company. This is an incredible opportunity to lead the Global initiative of rolling out best in class reporting, and predictive analytics. The Company is vested in these endeavors - 100% committed in resources and roadmap. Buy in is there!!!!!
The ideal candidate is a leader responsible for the successful delivery of “ready-to-use” data for Business Intelligence and Data Science. The candidate is experienced in data architecture, data visualization and communication, ETL layers, and performance tuning.
Be the leader, the champion of this great time in our Company evolution.
A deep theoretical and practical knowledge of the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) activities specific to data integration and analytics is key to this position.
- Develop and apply a structured architectural approach and methodology that aligns with the key strategies of the organization to support BI and data science
- Develop and maintain data integration solutions (including ETL design and architecture), semantic layer objects, and presentation object for delivery of BI and data science solutions
- Develop technology specifications and ensure that any new technology solutions are optimal for meeting needs; leverage existing technologies when possible
- Apply architectural and engineering concepts to implement a solution that meets operational requirements while maintaining sustainability objectives, including: scalability, maintainability, security, reliability, extensibility, flexibility, availability, and manageability
- Create and tune SQL for views across federated sources such as Hadoop and Oracle
- Collaborate with BI report developers on design for optimal performance
- Assist on data analytics projects involving data modeling and architecture
- Assist on building integration with other data / metadata tools in the architecture
- Assist on database administration tasks for the data virtualization platform
- Use business requirements to document clear and concise technical designs
- Maintain design and naming standards
- Contribute to project planning discussions, provide status updates for development progress and be a critical resource for issue resolution
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Engineering, Information Systems, Mathematics, Statistics, or related field; Master's degree preferred.
- 10+ years of designing and supporting BI and data science solutions. This should include application of knowledge in statistics, data wrangling, and data visualization & communication.
- 10+ years of experience in database development and tools. Ideally this includes: ETL, data modeling, complex queries, performance tuning, and stored procedures/functions
- 10+ years of SQL on Hadoop (Hive or Impala preferred)
- Excellent development and testing skills (including test planning and execution).
- Experience in delivering solutions using Agile (traditional and SAFe) and supporting tools like Jira
- Experience with BI tools like Tableau, Lightning/Einstein and PowerBI is a plus
- Experience with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) business processes/systems (specifically Salesforce) is a plus