The candidate will design measurement and control electronics for electro-optical instruments employing embedded microprocessors, DSP, programmable-logic arrays, and analog circuitry. This position is also responsible for performing certain systems engineering tasks as they apply to the signal and control aspects of the products as well as implement embedded code. The role will be the key EE resource on a team working on next generation products while supporting existing product lines. Candidates across a breadth of experience levels are encouraged to apply.
Process & Environmental Analysis (P&EA) group of MKS Instruments designs and manufactures infrared (IR) based gas analyzers for demanding applications in process and emissions monitoring markets. Our solutions consistently push the technology boundaries in various markets including semiconductor, automotive, environmental and oil & gas.
- Board level electronics design/layout including analog and digital circuitry.
- Creation of system level engineering design requirement specifications based on marketing requirements specifications.
- Validation and Verification of electronics requirements
- Analysis of designs for noise and PCB/ground effects on timing, reflections, cross talk, and parasitic capacitance and inductance
- System level debugging and evaluation of electronics & control systems
- Design of Electronic Assemblies
- Specification of outside purchased electronic components/assemblies.
- Lead technical contact for interaction with electronics vendors and external contractors.
- Full life cycle ownership for electronics
- Support full document control, including create drawings, specifications, BOM’s, ECO’s and assist in service documents.
- B.S. degree in Electrical Engineering with 4+ years of experience or strong record of academic achievement.
- Demonstrated ability to model, design and characterize control and measurement electronics from top-level specifications.
- Digital electronics design expertise with FPGAs and/or microcontrollers.
- Precision Analog design expertise for optical detector preamplifiers, ADCs, DACs, servo control, motor control and power supply.
- Mentor Graphics design tool experience a plus.
- CPLD and FPGA design using VHDL, Verilog or System Verilog a plus
- Agency approval experience, UL, CSA, CE, along with MIL-STD practices a plus
For positions requiring access to export-controlled technical data, or that are located at facilities where export-controlled technical data is present, MKS Instruments, Inc., may have to obtain an export license from the U.S. government. As such, applicants for this position—except U.S. Citizens, U.S. Permanent Residents, and protected persons as defined in 8 U.S.C. § 1324b(a)(3)—may be subject to an export license review process. Employment is contingent upon issuance of the license.