Seeking a Principal Firmware Engineer for a Gaming Equipment, Accessories, and Gear Start-up Team in San Francisco, CA.
You’ll assist to create high end gaming equipment.
full design cycle for high volume products.
Strong technical design and analysis capabilities are also required.
- Develop firmware for a variety of embedded products.
- Create and execute development and bring up schedules.
- Create project and technical reports as required.
- Help define product architecture as needed.
- Participate in schematic/layout review process.
- Test and evaluate prototypes from initial engineering samples to mass production.
- Help maintain firmware servers (used for revision control, build system)
- Develop tools for internal use, including scripts and basic hardware interfaces.
Must Have Skillsets:
- At least 5 years proven track record of bringing consumer electrical products into production.
- Prototyping experience using EVKs, protoboards, etc…
- Strong lab skills, including circuit analysis/debug, PCBA bring up, solder/rework.
- Strong C or C++ programming skills required
- Scripting skills desirable, including Python, Perl.
- Understanding of good test practices, design for test, and test script development.
- Knowledge of audio engineering concepts including characterization, signal processing, real-time requirements, etc…
- Experience working with and maintaining OSS development tools.
- Experience completing at least 3-5 projects and made it to mass production (had a lead role in these products)
- Working cross functionally especially with EE’s and SE’s.
- Understand product validation test process’s
- Agile driven, writing code, tracking bugs, clearing bugs, fixing bugs, dealing with customers, understanding what the bugs are that need to be fixed
- Excellent fixing bugs skills as reported, is key.
- Developed products and understanding of product life cycle.
- Ability to demonstrate at least one full FW product development cycle of a high volume, consumer electronic device.
- Work with electrical engineering, marketing, and suppliers to develop FW for Cortex-M processors as part of a small team.
- Assist other engineering fields in evaluating and specifying microcontrollers and other embedded devices into future products.
- Consumer electronic devices experience (power management, audio or RF characteristics)
- Experienced with ARM or board bring up is a plus.
- Reasonable understanding of ASM programming concepts expected.
- Knowledge of SVN, git, good understanding of revision control best practices.
- Experience with GCC/make based tool-chains for embedded development.
- Good understanding of ARM Cortex-M. Knowledge of other MCUs and embedded platforms a plus.
- Good understanding of RTOS based firmware design.
- Understanding of the gaming, interactive, on-line, console, pc markets a plus, but not required.
- Strong Unix user skills, admin knowledge a plus but not required.
Location: San Francisco, CA (Bryant Street)
Type: Fulltime (some remote work available)