Please send resume in WORD format should you be interested in the following Principal Software Engineer position. This is a direct-hire, permanent position with a salary up to 175K. Candidates should be receptive to both locations of Waltham and Burlington MA. If this position is not of interest to you, please forward to anyone you may know that would be interested.
Want to join a great company that is growing rapidly? They have a fun working environment with free food, Friday afternoon get-togethers, health club onsite (minimal charge).
Principal Software Engineer – Full Stack
Be part of a brand new team that will focus on developing social networking technologies for digital marketing campaigns. As a part of an agile team, you'll be working with innovative tools, processes and people to engineer web technologies distributed and consumed on a massive scale.
- As part of a cross-functional, full stack scrum team provide technical leadership for and be a key contributor to the development of new features that allow our customers to engage with their customers
- Collaborate with Product Management, UX, architects and senior members of the development team to understand the business needs and find the best technical solution for meeting those needs
- Mentor junior members of the team on best practices, architecture, and development
- Stay on top of industry trends and ensure the team appropriately utilizes the latest technologies and best practices
- Be a key contributor to the creation of a long-term, scalable architecture.
- 10+ years developing large-scale applications on the front-end and the back-end
- Experience with Backbone, Marionette, Angular or equivalent framework
- Expert knowledge of Java/Spring and/or Ruby/Rails
- Experience with relational databases (MySQL, DB2 or Oracle)
- Experience with NoSQL databases (Redis, Cassandra or DynamoDB)
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with Protractor, RSpec or equivalent integration test framework
- Experience with unit testing and test-driven development
- Experience working with Git in a CI/CD environment
- Ability to articulate engineering design strategies related to scalability, performance, security, usability, and development platforms
- Proven ability to design future-proof, maintainable, large-scale systems
- Ability to lead as part of a highly collaborative Agile team
- Strong collaboration and influence skills
- Strong focus on team effectiveness, results and customer success
- Self-motivated individual who proactively identifies team bottlenecks and works with the team to resolve them
- Passionate about technology and staying up to date on industry trends
- Strong commitment to continuous improvement for self and team