Who we are:
Meridian Health Plan is a family-owned, family-operated company of passionate leaders, achievers, and innovators dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our members, our providers and in the healthcare industry.
We provide government-based health plans (Medicare, Medicaid, and the Health Insurance Marketplace) in five different states (Michigan, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, and Ohio).
Our employees work hard, play hard, and give back. Meridian employees enjoy: Happy hours, special events, company sports teams, potlucks, Bagel Fridays, weekly Executive Lunches, and volunteer opportunities.
A Day in the Life of a Principal Software Engineer - UI:
The Principal Software Engineer is the technical leader for the design, development, implementation and support for Meridian Health Plan’s business application software solutions. Assist in technical strategy and device technology roadmap to achieve strategic goals. Ensure consistent use of shared platform components and technologies within Meridian application development. Lead software engineers in diagnosis and problem solving to identify and deliver software solutions to meet business needs.
This position works with project stakeholders to assess business requests and develops a deep understanding of the application. This position participates in all facets of the Software Development Life Cycle and their expertise is leveraged within each phase to optimize the delivery of software. This position engages IT Architecture and acts a mentor and leader to other software engineers.Responsibilities
- Design, develop and integrate high-volume, high-performance, high-availability system and software solutions using Meridian approved technologies
- Provide system and technology solution direction for complex business requirements
- Review, analyze, construct, troubleshoot, identify root cause and proactively implement sustainable corrective actions
- Understand business and technical requirements; develop, document, and implement solution designs
- Propose and present technical solutions to Meridian Committees and Councils
- Work with other developers, architects, engineers, database administrators, business analysts, QA and delivery leads in project delivery and solving technical issues including front and back end architectural frameworks
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Ensure that deliverables meet or exceed functional, technical, and performance requirements
- Define and Participate with the benchmarking in metric-based operational excellence to establish SLAs for each of the various lines of business and implement best practices in proactive monitoring of software applications
- Follow and enhance established design, development, source code management, and deployment processes in order to manage extensible, stable code bases
- Consistently meet task deadlines while maintaining high quality of deliverables
- Take ownership of software throughout their lifecycle
- Stay current with the fast-changing landscape of browser based application development in order to and actively engaged in one or more external industry forum or group to maintain knowledge of latest product offerings to provide advice and recommendations
What you can bring to Meridian:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related area or
- 7+ years relevant work experience
- 3+ years of experience with modern application development frameworks, libraries, namespace patterns, routers, deep-linking, proxy, responsive web design (RWD)
- Significant experience with one or more framework such as ExtJS(6/x), Angular (2/4/x), React and Node.js
- Very strong knowledge on HTML, CSS/SASS/SCSS, HTTP(S) protocols, REST API
- Experience in building reusable components, routes, building abstraction layer for UI components
- Demonstrated experience in all phases of the software development lifecycle
- Healthcare IT experience is a plus
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- 7+ years developing enterprise or high performance applications
- 3+ years’ experience in web based UI or service oriented architecture
- Experience knowledge in all of the following: application development best practices, software development life cycle, code reviews and standards, source control management, unit testing and build automation tools such as Jenkins and Artifactory
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to mentor and lead
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to adapt to changing technologies
- Self-starter with motivation to own software delivery and dive deep into problem solving
What Meridian can offer you:
- Our healthcare benefits include a variety of PPO plans that are effective on the first day of employment for our new full-time team members.
- Opportunity to work with the industry’s leading technologies and participate in unique projects, demonstrations, conferences, and exclusive learning opportunities.
- Meridian offers 401k matching that is above the national average.
- Full-time MHP employees are eligible for tuition reimbursement towards Bachelor’s or Master’s degrees.
- Meridian Health Plan was named Detroit's #1 Fastest Growing Company by Crain's Magazine, so it is a great time to get involved with Meridian.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER