Apex Systems has an opening for a Systems Engineer to support the ESA IV program.
If interested, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Title: Principal Systems Engineer
Location: Washington, DC
Terms: Long term contract (around 2 years)?
The candidate will also be responsible for support to the ATR SOA team to aid in implementation of solutions based on customer requirements.
- Create/review technical designs and make cost-effective solution recommendations to the technical lead of the project.
- Bring an Innovative approach to the specialty field(s) of expertise on a team.
- Participate in the evaluation and recommendation of new products, maintain knowledge of emerging technologies for application to the enterprise.
- Plan, Design, and Implement emerging technologies for added capabilities while also cutting YOY CAPEX and OPEX costs.
- Manage projects as a technical lead, possibly overseeing other engineers.
- Brief senior leaders within the government on current projects and decision briefs for roadmap emerging technologies.
- Document requirements and properly manage updates & deployments using existing change management processes.
- Participate in the identification and resolution of complex infrastructure problems (Tier 3 support) utilizing structured trouble-shooting tools and techniques.
- Provide cross-training and mentoring to existing engineering personnel in various fields.
- Must have 8-10 years of Systems Engineering experience or equivalent Bachelor's + 4-6 yrs. related experience, or MS + 2-4 yrs. Experience.
- Strong understanding across Cloud and infrastructure components (server, storage, network, data, and applications) to deliver end to end Cloud Infrastructure architectures and designs.
- Hands-on experience with Windows Server 2012R2, Windows 7/10, REL 6/7
- At least 4 years of experience as an IT Infrastructure and Cloud Architect, with focus on Azure or AWS, cloud, server, storage and networking
- Experience with DevOPS, CI/CD Solutions
- Hands-on experience with Azure or AWS based Cloud Architecture and migration.
- Successfully complete a security investigation by the government. Preferred Qualifications
- Citrix Certified Professional – Virtualization (CCP-V)
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert
- Certified Cloud Practitioner, Developer, or Solutions Architect
- Practitioner’s experience with AWS Cloud Formation Templates, Connectors, APIs, RDS and Lambda services.
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills, able to communicate effectively across all organization levels. Special Requirements
- Willingness to work flexible hour