Process Development Associate
Join the Eclaro Team! Eclaro is looking for aProcess Development Associatefor our client in San Diego, CA. This is a contract position located at our client's site.
Eclaro's client is a leading component manufacturer with a portfolio of oil and gas, chemicals, plastics, performance products, agricultural products and fine chemicals. Their customer base includes many diverse industries and markets, including pharmaceutical, aerospace, textile, construction and automotive industries. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
Under general supervision carry out fermentation/recovery experiments, recording data, maintenance/housekeeping, and troubleshooting.
- Carry out fermentation/recovery experiments
- Read SOP s (if not clear, discuss with a senior PDA/scientist). Update SOP based on discussion.
- Prep various types of media: Add chemicals, Adjust to correct volume according to SOP.
- Sterilize medium/solutions using autoclave.
- Aseptically inoculate seed flasks and place into incubator shaker according to SOP.
- Prepare fermenters/recovery equipment for SIP or CIP sequences.
- Calibrate probes according to SOPs.
- Set up fermentation/recovery parameters according to SOP using HMI or Delta V interface.
- Set up fermenters/recovery equipment-hook up all external feed bottles, adjust pH and bias, and add necessary ingredients according to SOP.
- Check the inoculum for contamination using microscopy and plating.
- Inoculate fermenter/s - transfer seed into inoculation bottle and add to tank aseptically, start fermentation process.
- Sample fermenters/recovery processes and perform analysis according to SOPs.
- Prepare samples for analysis performed by external groups.
- Adjust parameters according to SOP.
- Perform aseptic techniques including operations utilizing a laminar flow hood.
- Ensure identified problems are communicated to Shift Supervisor
- Recording data
- Complete all SOPS per GMP.
- Document any process changes or deviations.
- Document fermentation data.
- Gather all documents and print out trends. (If requested).
- Submit detailed shift reports. (If required).
- Initial the pass down log for work completed.
- Communicate maintenance issues.
- Pilot plant housekeeping
- Ensure pilot plant and equipment is kept clean.
- Perform routine microbiological monitoring (swabs, plating).
- Assist in checking chemical/supply inventory and notifying when items are needed.
- Enter received chemicals in Chemical Inventory.
- Inform supervisor of maintenance issues and submit facilities requests for needed repairs.
- Assist with scientific troubleshooting (organism problems, feeding, etc. using trend data to identify possible solutions).
- Assist in training new PDAs.
- Other duties as assigned by Team Leader
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
Interested in applying? Contact Ivan Kalaw at Ivanhoe.Kalaw@eclaro.com now
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.