Crane Currency is a fully integrated supplier of secure, durable and well-designed banknotes for central banks all over the world. As the leading security feature developer, Crane has won international acclaim for innovation and product development. We are a pioneer in advanced micro-optics technology for securing banknotes, offering features that do not exist elsewhere. A strong, stable organization with a firm commitment to collaboration and growth, we invite you to join us for a fulfilling career opportunity.
Leadership is Currency at Crane
Do you want to be a key team player with the fastest growing currency supplier in the world? Crane Currency in Alpharetta, GA is looking for a Process Development Engineer to support our R&D team. Drawing upon your expertise, you will be responsible for supporting projects through the Feasibility Phase into the Development Phase of the product development process. The main objective would be leading pilot trials of potential new products with a focus on machine understanding and a consideration toward test methods development to effectively characterize and evaluate a product within the processing steps. This role involves a combination of planning, organizing, leading as well as being hands-on, in the lab, and with operations on the plant floor providing sound, well-researched and analyzed recommendations. In this position, you will help to develop Crane's next generation technology. If you want to make an impact in the world, then we are looking forward to having you on the team.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Lead pilot production trials for new products. Carry new product development through Feasibility Phase.
- Take appropriate action to achieve established goals resulting in the development of new or refined processes/systems, application methods and product development.
- Validate new quality and inspection systems.
- Perform process development for new products with a focus on in-process product performance analysis and characterization.
- Collaborate with other departments to optimize processes/systems and ensure completion of all required documentation.
- Define, develop and evaluate new processes/systems as part of the company's strategic project initiative.
- Support commercial launch of products and generate the appropriate technical data to demonstrate feasibility of product and manufacturing performance.
- Organize work, meetings and experiments to maximize productivity and communicate with Suppliers and Customers as needed in the evaluation of raw materials to pilot trials through final product testing.
- Facilitate hand-off of new products and provide a smooth multi-site transition from development into manufacturing.
- BS in Chemical Engineering or similar discipline in engineering or science required. MS/PhD in Material Science, Chemical Engineering or similar discipline preferred.
- Minimum 5 years' experience in Research and Development developing processes and/or systems in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience in printing, drying, mixing or similar development activities with web-based material preferred.
- Demonstrated experience leading trials or working on critical, high-visibility projects with the ability to influence and lead others without formal authority.
- Progressive roles in similar industry or technology supporting development activities from project initiation to lab trials to pilot process to scale-up production.
- Knowledge and experience using analytical/metrology tools.
- Demonstrated data analysis skills using statistical tools and proficiency in Design of Experiments (DOE's).
- The ability to clearly and concisely transfer technical information cross-functionally and to the broader organization.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work and learn new software systems as it pertains to process and product development.
- High energy and ability to function in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and follow through on commitments with a tenacious approach to solving problems.
Applicants must be United States citizens. The person selected for this position will need to demonstrate suitability for employment in a position of Public Trust consistent with our US Government contract requirements.
Crane is a Drug Free Workplace.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/Vet/Disab