Permanent position: Process Engineer, Mobile, AL - Global manufacturer of specialty steel seeks to hire a Process Engineer to join their Acid Regeneration Team. Responsible for defining opportunities for improvement, measuring the key parameters, analyzing the acquired data, implementing the chosen solution, and controlling the process to verify the implementation of the chosen solution. BS Chemical Engineering, Materials Science and Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering is required. Bonus paid monthly and averaging ~15%. Salary range listed is base only.
Responsibilities for the Process Engineer• Identify opportunities to improve the safety, quality, reliability, efficiency and productivity of the Acid Regeneration Plant.
• Work in concert with the Electrical and Mechanical Engineers, Shift Leaders, Team Members and other departments to identify improvements and implement coordinated solutions.
• Facilitate the identification and/or implementation of Best Practices and Continuous Improvement across all teams.
• Troubleshoot process problems with the Operations Teams.
• Using systematic approach to solving problems including root cause analysis, corrective actions implementation and evaluation of the results.
• Provide technical guidance to the Operations Teams.
• Evaluate, implement and monitor processes and operating systems.
• Assist in the development of Standard Operation Procedures (SOP's) Safe Job Analysis (SJA's) and Work Instructions (WI) for Acid Regeneration Plant.
Requirements for the Process Engineer• Bachelor of Science in Metallurgical, Chemical, Industrial, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
• 3-5 years' experience in process engineering position and preferred in Steel or Stainless processing lines.
• Previous start-up experience is an asset, not a necessity.
• Previous Annealing and Pickling process experience is an asset, not a necessity.
• Computer proficient with Microsoft based programs. SAP an asset not a necessity.
Benefits• Significant monthly bonus
• full time role with excellent benefits
• Relocation assistance
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.