Permanent position: Process Engineer - Cold Rolling, Mobile, AL - Global manufacturer of Stainless Steel is looking for an experienced Process Engineer to join the Cold Roll Works team. Your responsibilities will include to evaluate, implement and monitor processes and operating systems for the manufacture of Stainless Steel in the COR department.BSME, BS Chemical Engineering or other Engineering- BS Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering is required. Bonus paid monthly and averaging ~15%. Salary range listed is base only.
Responsibilities for the Process Engineer• Determine operations to produce products and develops processes to ensure quality, costand efficiency requirements are met.
• Troubleshoot problems with production and take corrective action.
• Research the purchase of equipment or upgrades to existing equipment.
• Monitor OEM's during mill commissioning to establish correct Operating
• Procedures as well as monitor performance of equipment.
• Ensure corrective actions are taken by OEM to ensure mill operates to contract requirements.
• Create/edit/maintain necessary documentation (e.g. SOP's, or work instructions) Equipment calibration and maintenance monitoring.
• Support the conversion of small-scale processes into commercially viable large-scale operations.
• Monitor and improve the efficiency, output and safety of manufacturing processes through observations and measurements as well as by collecting and interpreting data from other technical and operating personnel.
• Use historical data to make improvements to rolling pass schedules as well as mill setup to solve quality problems.
Requirements for the Process Engineer• Bachelor's degree and experience in Steel industry preferred, or B.S. degree in Mechanical, Chemical, or Industrial Engineering field.
• Minimum 2 years experience in steel manufacturing. Cold Rolling, Rolling Mill or Finishing experience desired.
Benefits• Significant monthly bonus
• full time role with excellent benefits
• Relocation assistance
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.