Northrop Grumman Mission Systems sector is seeking a T2 level Process Engineer to join our team of qualified and diverse individuals. Our teams work with pride across multiple business units toward a common goal: global security.
Together, we protect our troops, public safety, information, and our planet. It's unique work, challenging and rewarding with great opportunities for professional and personal development. Most of all, it is work that makes a difference. Join us
to advance your career. This position will be located in Rolling Meadows, IL. The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Traveling Wave Tube Process Engineering team.
Roles and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Development of chemical plating and etching processes
- Support and maintenance of automated and manual equipment
- Maintain process documentation
- Lead product failure analysis and corrective action
- Provide technical support to production operators and staff
- Optimize processes for cost, capacity and cycle time
- Assist suppliers with troubleshooting component failures
- Analyze performance metrics for continuous improvement
- Lead cross functional collaboration
- Support transition of new product development designs into production
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical and/or Chemical Engineering with 2 years related Experience (or Master's degree)
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Ability to obtain a Secret Clearance
- Experience with Vacuum Electronics hardware and support equipment
- Familiar with basic chemical lab procedures
- Experience troubleshooting process issues on production hardware
- Networking and troubleshooting computer equipment
- Design programs such as AutoCad and Unigraphics/NX
- Experience with properties and characteristics of materials
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.