Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems (NGAS) is currently seeking a Process Improvement Analyst 4. This position is responsible for providing overall leadership in support of defining, designing and implementation of continuous improvement programs that are integrated vertically and horizontally across organization. Providing core services working in concert with the site Industrial Engineering and IPT teams within the Global Assembly Operations.This is an exciting opportunity located at our Palmdale, CA Airframe Integration Center of Excellence and possesses an excellent growth potential.
The selected candidate will be expected to define and discover waste within a process, and eliminate such waste through problem solving.
This role’s basic duties include:
- Initiate, facilitate, and lead problem solving teams to establish root cause and corrective actions utilizing 6 sigma, Kaizen and other formal techniques
- Increase efficiency by reducing / eliminating waste.
- Utilize Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma tools to identify and assist in implementing business improvements.
- Standardize production system tools and methods.
- Implement efficient and reliable Lean Manufacturing processes to improve movement / delivery of materials and increase productivity and quality
- Develop training material and assists in delivery of training sessions to all levels of the organization.
- Continuously drive culture change and acceptance of Lean Manufacturing principles.
- Manage and support Kaizen workshop activities and events
- Facilitate implementation plans with management based on an agreed priority list
- Frequently follow up with management to ensure timely and effective implementation and sustainability
- Collaborates with Operations Management to improve processes, evaluate, and take action regarding day to day material, logistic, and build issues impacting the production lines.
- Able to empower a team of people to achieve agreed upon outcomes.
- Develop and update PFMEAs, Process Flow Charts and Value Stream Maps
- Provides technical support for Manufacturing to resolve quality and productivity issues.
- Perform project management activities around the functions noted above.
- Communicate efficiently and effectively in a professional manner with customers, suppliers, and all internal departments.
* This role incorporates elements of project management, quality, and manufacturing, and requires great interpersonal skills as the selected candidate will be interfacing with a number of different organizations. The candidate best suited for the role will typically have a industrial or engineering background, and must understand the difference between a symptom and a problem.
- Bachelor’s Degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) Field from an accredited institution + minimum of10 years' experience with Lean implementation in manufacturing/assembly environments, OR, Master's Degree +8 years' of experience with Lean implementation in manufacturing/assembly environments.
- A demonstrated understanding of Lean Principles such as: Value Stream Mapping, Just-in-Time, Demand Flow, Single Piece Flow, Toyota Production System (TPS), Theory of Constraints (TOC), Five S’s, Visual Management, Total Productive Maintenance, Continuous Improvement Process, Kaizen, SPC, Six Sigma, SMED, and TS 16949.
- Can conduct advanced statistical analysis techniques using MiniTab.
- Ability to obtain and retain a D.O.D. Top Secret Clearance. U.S. Citizenship is required
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree specifically in Industrial Engineering/Technology from an accredited institution
- Experience with Lean Principles such as: Value Stream Mapping, Just-in-Time, Demand Flow, Single Piece Flow, Five S’s, Visual Management, Total Productive Maintenance, Continuous Improvement Process, Kaizen, SPC, Six Sigma, SMED, and TS 16949.
- Lean / Six Sigma Green or Black Belt certification with successfully documented operational and/or transactional projects.
- Experience with working in IPT (Integrated Product Team) environment and Aerospace Industry experience is plus.
- Familiarity with Toyota Production Systems(TPS) manufacturing improvement process.
- Active D.O.D. Clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.