Process Project Manager
Our client is a global leader in the development of natural ingredients for the food, beverage, dietary supplements and agricultural industry. This innovative company has a presence in over 30 countries. They pride themselves on developing and rewarding their employees and value their family-like culture. We have been retained to fill a key role for a Process Project Manager. This person will have limited supervision and is primarily responsible for projects at their Milwaukee production facilities within their core competences: building, process plants, automation and production IT. This position will focus on process projects. They will also contribute vital expertise to feasibility studies and project drafts in the organization. This role will be based in Milwaukee, WI (US Headquarter location.)
- Leads project management on process projects in Milwaukee. Manages process work stream on larger CAPEX projects.
- Responsible for actively participating in planning and execution of the project in collaboration with the Project Manager. Proactively delivers schedule, budget and risk information for their area of responsibility.
- Designs, sizes and tests various process projects according to food industry best practices and sanitary design. Manages external design firms/engineers/vendors/contractors to accomplish project objectives. Collaborates with internal team to align on business solution, interpreting needs into a technical solution.
- Supports process systems in the existing plants.
- Implements process solutions for Milwaukee plant, contributing to global strategy on process platform.
- Demonstrates a high level of expertise in using project management tools and mentoring others.
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemical, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering.
- A minimum of five years of experience in processing engineering and three years of experience in Project Management.
- Food or pharmaceutical experience.
- Possess strong verbal, written, communication, analytical, interpersonal and organizational skill.
- Team player with project and change management experience who can adapt to dynamic environment. Project management in CAPEX projects is strongly desired.
- Possess contract management skills in relation to suppliers, contractors and consultants.
- Skill at business problem solving, conflict resolution and influencing others.
- Ability to work in local and global cross-functional environment.
- Experience and knowledge within a process-drive manufacturing environment. Familiar with fermentation processing, drying processes, powder handling, packaging lines.
- Proficient with Microsoft Project, Excel and CAD.
- Possess a working knowledge of industrial automation systems at a proficiency level to effectively collaborate with automation experts. Experience working in cross disciplinary projects (mechanical, process, automation).
- May require travel up to 10%. Willingness to support international projects is a plus.