Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
The Specialty Materials segment manufactures products that provide more than 150 material formulations for glass, glass ceramics and fluoride crystals to meet demand for unique customer needs. Consequently, this segment operates in a wide variety of commercial and industrial markets that include display optics and components, semiconductor optics components, aerospace and defense, astronomy, ophthalmic products, telecommunications components, and cover glass that is optimized for portable display devices.
Process technician supporting fluorite crystal, optical glass, and fused silica spherical and planar fabrication processes.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Develop programming for CNC equipment
- Identify and lead process improvements to reduce cost (variation, cycle time, complexity, and scrap reduction)
- Author documentation and provide training to the production staff for all new processes
- Collaborate with commercial and development engineering to extend current capabilities to meet future needs
- <5%. Typical travel includes special training, networking opportunities, and potential supplier visits
Hours of work/work schedule/flex-time:
- Typical first shift production hours, M-F, 8am-5pm
- 2-year degree
Required Years and Area of Experience:
- 5+ years manufacturing experience
- 10+ years of manufacturing experience
- Previous experience in fabrication of optical materials
- Experience and familiarity with CNC blanking and shaping equipment
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Functions well with a team
- Prioritize and multi-task
- Ability to transfer knowledge and experience to plant associates.
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or veteran status or any other legally protected status.