Position: Processing Laboratory Technician
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Duration: Full time, Permanent
THE PROCESSING LAB TECHNICIAN:
- Initiates the manufacturing process and keeps things moving smoothly throughout the day and the week.
- Utilizes raw materials for mixing flavor bases in "Hold" containers, used to store the liquid until it is transferred to the filling/bottling area in the production room.
- Responsible for ensuring that the filling/bottling area has the appropriate quantity of product and that the product maintains its quality throughout the process.
- Responsible for utilizing cleaning systems to properly clean all process equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty efficiently. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Other duties may be assigned.
- Communicates effectively with supervisors and team members.
- Follows directions and takes constructive criticism from leadership.
- Receives, identifies, logs and labels raw materials from the receiving area to store in the Lab.
- Loads and moves product to appropriate staging areas.
- Transports and disposes of used ingredient packaging.
- Records lot numbers of all ingredients used for the sake of traceability.
- Sets up flavors and bases per recipe.
- While following precise recipes, dispenses exact amounts of product to be mixed.
- Charts/logs product quantity in the batch log.
- Prepares and uses appropriate detergents and sanitizers to clean and sanitize equipment, containers and hardware
- Maintains a focus and support role on all areas of the Lab in order to support audits from regulatory agencies.
- Understands and follows strict procedures and work instructions.
The performance factors described here are core abilities that will contribute to the employee successfully carrying out the assigned duties and responsibilities of this job.
- The ability to work effectively and productively with others.
- The ability to quickly recover from adversity.
- The ability to demonstrate self-control, manage time and priorities, and pay extreme attention to detail.
EXPERIENCE: Three (3) years of experience in a similar job focused on processing in food manufacturing environment.
REASONING DEVELOPMENT: Apply common sense in understanding how to carry out detailed, written or oral instructions and deal with problems involving some variability.
MATHEMATICAL DEVELOPMENT: Add, subtract, multiply and divide all units of measure and compute ratios, rate, and percentages.
COMPUTER SKILLS: Must have computer experience in Excel.
LANGUAGE DEVELOPMENT: Read instructions and look up unfamiliar words, for meaning, write grammatically correct compound and complex sentences, speak with others in a clear concise manner.
LICENSURE & CERTIFICATIONS: n/a
EDUCATION: High School diploma or GED
TRAINING: Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) a plus
- High level of manual dexterity
- Ability to lift 25 lbs. multiple times in a short period (up to 20 times per day).
- Ability to move around the plant quickly.
- Ability to be on feet for long periods of time.
5. Physical ability to disassemble, assemble, lift, move and manipulate storage bottles and equipment.