Headway Workforce Solutions is currently seeking a Procurement Representative for a 3-4 month contract opportunity in Columbus, OH with our partner, one of the leading applied science and technology development companies.
As a Procurement Representative you will:
- Draft and negotiate simple procurement instruments to include the following responsibilities:
- Issue RFP/RFQ’s and obtain proposals/quotes for standard products and services in support of new business proposals and on-going projects. Seek and promote competition in the acquisition of goods and services.
- Review and evaluate vendor proposals/quotes to ensure fair and reasonable prices and compliance with the requirements of the procurement. Assists in the review of higher complex solicitations and helps prepares routine responses for proposals, bids, and subcontract modifications.
- Support negotiation of agreements of low to moderate complexity, as required to mitigate risks and optimize profitability. Propose solutions to problems encountered in negotiations and assist in solving problems that may arise.
- Review requisitions for accuracy and completeness. Prepare, organize and maintain procurement records and file documentation in an audit ready condition. Identify basic compliance problems and provide recommended solutions for the approval of higher level staff/management.
- Recommend sources of supply to users/technical staff utilizing market knowledge, experience, special purchasing resource files, etc. and makes recommendations for vendor/order selection and order placement.
- Under the direction of senior procurement staff, analyze procurement requirements, special provisions, terms and conditions, and contract flow downs to ensure compliance with appropriate laws, regulations and Battelle policies.
- Assist senior procurement staff in working with internal and/or external business teams on issues and developments relative to assigned procurements.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent related experience.
- 0-2 years of general business, purchasing or acquisition/contract-related experience or equivalent years of education and experience.
- Must have some knowledge and experience in procurement, supply management, contracting concepts and UCC/Federal Acquisition regulations.
- Must have knowledge of business principles in areas such as supply chain management, purchasing, business and contracts law, finance, accounting and standard operating procedures.
- strong analytical and communication skills.
- Able to independently able to execute basic purchasing responsibilities and resolve problems of low to moderate complexity with suppliers and supported client staff.
- Ability to draft simple contractual instruments in accordance with prescribed templates and guidelines.
- Must have a background which would not preclude a security clearance granted.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be able to read, write, type, and use a telephone.
- This is a 3-4 month contract.
- Hours are M-F, 40 hours per week.
Headway provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Headway complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.