Requisition ID: 10329
Job Function: Quality Generalist (40000080)
Currently, we are seeking qualified candidates for a Product/Assembly Quality Engineer opening to join our Greenville, OH manufacturing facility.
Day to Day
You will serve as a product/assembly quality leader accountable for driving continuous improvement in factory quality metrics such as SIR, CAL, FPY, RTY and test coverage and capability. In this role, you will be responsible for 7 steps problem solving for Man and Method and organizing and conducting product and process audits. Special focus will be on AA+ defects for the factory Quality Matrix.
What You Will Do
- Drive product and manufacturing assembly process improvements through the use of Whirlpool Production System evolution(WPS Evolution), formally known as World Class Manufacturing (WCM) and Six Sigma concepts and tools
- Organize and lead quality improvement projects throughout the manufacturing facility
- Determine root cause of problems using 8D and other methods and implement corrective & preventative actions utilizing methods from lean manufacturing and Six Sigma
- Develop cost reduction and optimization improvements for the Greenville manufacturing facility.
- Work with Day-to-Day Engineering to finalize robust solutions to be included into prints.
- Engage and develop team members from all departments during improvement activities.
- Communicate and support changes to the process across all production shifts.
- Support the development of a continuous improvement strategy for the plant.
- Help drive improvements in process and test systems capability systems and metrics.
- Be a leader in Safety and a key supporter of our Continuously Improving Organization (CIO) cultural change.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related discipline
- 5+ years of Quality, Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering experience
- Use of problem solving tools (i.e. 8D, DOE, process characterization, 4M kaizens, etc.)
- ISO 9000 Certification required
- Strong knowledge of quality principles and the ability to apply them in order to establish and/or improve processes
- Six Sigma trained and certification desirable
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, with the specific ability to act as a team leader and interact at all layers within the organization
- Strong problem solving skills
- Excellent planning, project management and leadership skills
- Strong communication, presentation and facilitation skills
- Experience in a manufacturing related environment with a good understanding of manufacturing/engineering operations
- Solid decision-making and judgment skills
- Resourcefulness in accomplishing objectives and completing tasks
Whirlpool Corporation (NYSE: WHR) is the number one major appliance manufacturer in the world, with approximately $21 billion in annual sales, 97,000 employees and 70 manufacturing and technology research centers. The company markets Whirlpool, KitchenAid, Maytag, Consul, Brastemp, Amana, Bauknecht, Jenn-Air, Indesit and other major brand names in nearly every country throughout the world. We stay true to our philosophy that says good business begins by not following but leading. Our brands and products help people make the most of time so they can focus on making the most of moments that matter. At Whirlpool Corporation, we believe that all people matter. Celebrating diversity and including thousands of perspectives empower us to create products that blend into every concept of home. Whirlpool Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Additional information about our company can be found at http://www.whirlpoolcorp.com . Follow us on LinkedIn or join the conversation @WhirlpoolCorp on Twitter.
Nearest Major Market: Dayton
Nearest Secondary Market: Cincinnati
Job Segment: Assembly, Quality Engineer, Social Media, Manufacturing Engineer, Engineer, Manufacturing, Engineering, Marketing