The Corporate Technology Office researches and develops key technologies to enable differentiated inspection and metrology products. These technologies include sensors, lasers, optics and simulation models. When the technology is demonstrated, we work with KLA-Tencor divisions and strategic suppliers to implement the technology into KLA-Tencor’s products. The group also provides technology oversights to help make better decisions on technology selections, taking into account risks, customer needs, competitive offerings and business dynamics.
KLA-Tencor is looking for an energetic and extremely detail-oriented Product Environmental and Safety Compliance Engineer to join our Environmental Compliance Team. As a member of the Corporate Team, you will be responsible for environmental compliance implementation of REACH regulation, WEEE, ROHS, Hazardous Materials regulations, Battery and Packaging Directives and implementation of other regulatory or customer requirements as needed on a program by program basis. The ideal candidate will have excellent attention to detail combined with analytical and critical thinking ability. Able to manage projects that include company employees, suppliers, customers and government agencies.
- Monitor, evaluate, interpret and understand US, EU and other international regulations and standards relevant to company products
- Provide guidance to design teams regarding compliance and regulatory design requirements to ensure compliance with relevant regulations
- Regularly review and update internal processes to drive practical approaches to compliance with ever changing regulatory landscape
- Ensure that all products are designed to the necessary compliance regulations and certifications necessary to get through customs internationally
- Participate in design reviews and provide direction to product development teams on product regulatory compliance issues
- Drive product design compliance with various environmental regulations such as RoHS, REACH, WEE, etc and to SEMI Standards and other relevant industry regulations.
- Assist in resolving compliance issues from the field.
- Support/complete annual compliance reporting to outside agencies as directed.
- Ensure proper archiving of product regulatory compliance reports.
- B.S or M.S. degree in Chemical Engineering, Material Science, Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent attention to details
- Analytical and critical thinking ability
- Sound problem solving ability
- Proficiency with MS Office and general ability to learn new platforms.
- Experience using Enovia, SAP or similar PLM & ERP systems
- Proficiency with Excel (Access a plus)
- Familiarity with RoHS, REACH, WEEE
- Familiarity with SEMI Standards
- Familiarity with SEMI industry standards
- B.S. in an Engineering or Technical discipline
- MS office proficiency
- RoHS, REACH WEEE familiarity
- Strong verbal and written command of the English language
Kindly send your resume to Mohamed.Riyazudeen@kla-tencor.com
KLA-Tencor is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.