This is an opportunity to join a growing and dynamic legal department at a fast-paced technology company supporting a cutting-edge portfolio of enterprise cloud products.
This role will provide support across the entirety of Nutanix, including engineering, product management and business development, to create, launch, commercialize and support Nutanix’s leading enterprise cloud products. We are seeking a self-starter who loves and understands technology, has a proven track record of building strong relationships with cross-functional stakeholders, is willing to take the initiative to identity and drive projects independently while also collaborating and managing projects across functions, and is not afraid to step outside of their comfort zone to tackle the task of the day.
- Develop and negotiate a full complement of complex technology agreements (inbound licensing, joint development agreements, datacenter/cloud platform infrastructure procurement contracts, customer-facing agreements, partner program agreements)
- Provide guidance on open source use and help evolve and manage the open source compliance program
- Partner with the Nutanix engineering and product teams to proactively identify areas for improvement (as we obsess over delighting our customers!), and help business stakeholders structure and deploy new programs (e.g. marketplace, cloud services, partner programs)
- Work with lead privacy counsel to support the product and engineering teams in applying privacy by design principles, developing impact assessments, and creating and rolling out privacy collateral
- Work with the commercial legal team globally to support and facilitate negotiation of product-specific terms with customers and suppliers (procurement), including security, data privacy and compliance. Provide training, templates, contract reviews, and support in customer-facing negotiations
- Develop and deliver training and communications relating to product development and licensing topics
We are a global legal team of 20+ legal professionals.
Our team is founded on three pillars:
Partnership – We strive to be the easiest company in the tech sector with which to do business. Easy for our customers. Easy for our internal teammates.
Service – We do our best every day to enable our teammates to drive revenue, increase market share and build winning relationships with our partners and customers, all while embracing the Nutanix Cultural Principles.
Integrity – Our sense of ethics is of paramount importance to team Nutanix
Our team has built a reputation as a change agent; a team that embraces innovative business models, pioneering service delivery, technology and business process best practices to achieve great things. Our goal is to be the best company in our industry, one that attracts the finest global talent through its culture, breadth, and quality of work, development opportunities, and reward programs.
If this excites you, we want to hear from you.
- 5+ years of legal experience in the technology sector, with a background in technology transactions (demonstrated track record of creating and negotiating inbound licenses, joint development agreements, datacenter/cloud platform infrastructure procurement contracts, partner program agreements)
- Experience in negotiating outbound hosted and on-premise license agreements
- Ability to work efficiently with cross-functional teams and manage numerous projects simultaneously under deadline pressure
- Track record of successfully launching company-wide initiatives a plus, including creating and deploying new forms, processes and playbooks to support new and evolving business requirements
- Qualified to practice in at least one U.S. state, preferably California, with a law degree from a reputable law school
- Working knowledge of open source licensing and compliance
- Understanding of national and international privacy laws, particularly as they relate to software and cloud services, a plus
- Sense of humor, excellent interpersonal skills, business judgment, strategic thinking, superior work ethic, flexibility, and ability to work independently
- Demonstrated ability to proactively build strong, cross-organizational relationships and lead cross-functional projects from formulation to completion
- Superior language, written, and verbal communication skills
- Experience in enterprise software and cloud companies preferred
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Nutanix is a passionate team of 6000+ employees worldwide. Our people (we call ourselves “Nutants”) are the heartbeat of #LifeAtNutanix and one of the many things that makes Nutanix a great place to work at. We share an intellectual curiosity, a bias for action, and an obsession for our customers. We are builders and problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, we celebrate what makes each of us unique.
We’re growing fast and disrupting the computing industry. Join us and make your mark.
About our business
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyper-converged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid and multi-cloud environments.
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment.
As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by contacting email@example.com.