Leggett & Platt is an innovative, diversified manufacturer and we’re looking for a Design Engineer to join our Omega team in Saltillo, MS. Over the past 18 years, this business unit has grown into the world leader in motion furniture mechanisms used by the furniture industry. We need a great designer to be part of an exciting future in this growing division. The ideal candidate must demonstrate a high degree of professionalism and initiative, the ability to deliver quality and timely work product, as well as a desire to learn and excel in everything they do.
- Manages projects from conception to final product including necessary engineering and management system documentation
- Provide on-going manufacturing support as needed
- Prepares package drawings, layouts, assembly, and detail drawings for new or existing products
- Provide information when required for cost estimating, such as blank layouts and processing sketches
- Conducts Fit, Form and Function (FFF) review as it relates to field test installations and prototypes
- Complies with industry standards as well as statutory and regulatory requirements
- Communicate with a variety of sources to listen and understand design requirements
- Provide realistic deadlines in order to help prioritize projects and at times meet tight deadlines
- Consult directly with customers, outside sales, estimators, and operations employees
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs and Solid Modeling programs (i.e. Solidworks).
- Bachelors of Science degree in related field (Design or Mechanical Engineering) or 3 plus years of experience in related field
- 0-3 years of experience in design activities
- Knowledge of sheet metal manufacturing process and materials
- Ability to recognize and follow detailed drafting standards
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
We offer a comprehensive benefits package to include: medical, dental, vision, savings plans, tuition reimbursement, employee discounts and more.
Since 1883, Leggett & Platt (NYSE: LEG) has been creating a wide variety of innovative products that can be found in most homes, offices, and automobiles. Today our growing company is comprised of 130 manufacturing facilities which employ more than 20,000 employee-partners throughout 19 countries. We are always looking for talented professionals to succeed and grow with us. We value innovative and passionate people with a track record of success. For more information, please visit www.leggett.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veteran/Disability Employer