As a growing Masco company, Liberty Hardware Mfg. Corp. has built its reputation by offering high quality decorative and functional hardware products. Our product lines include bath hardware, bath safety, shower doors, decorative and functional cabinet hardware, hooks, hook rails and wall plates and are available under the Liberty, Delta, Brainerd, and Franklin Brass brands.
We offer our extensive line of hardware products through retailers (including The Home Depot, Lowe’s, Menards, Target and Walmart), online (including Amazon.com), kitchen and bath design showrooms, builder and hospitality, and original equipment manufacturer (OEM) distribution channels across the country.
Liberty has a unique organizational culture that employees cite as one of the things they like most about working here. One of the reasons for this is that we embrace diversity – of people, backgrounds, thinking and experiences. We want our employee population to mirror our communities and consumer population.
We are proud of our talented employees who make up one of the most collaborative and winning teams you’ll find in any workplace! When you join Liberty Hardware, you join a team of professionals who work hard, support each other, and enjoy delivering results that make a real difference for our customers and one another. In the summer of 2017, we were awarded certification as a Great Place to Work! While this certification recognizes our complete package of benefits, compensation and employee programs, it is our people and teamwork that truly make Liberty Hardware great. #GreatPlaceToWork #LibertyHardwareTeam
- Design and develop new products for existing categories and customers of Liberty Hardware.
- Drive the product development process. Provide all engineering documentation and support (3D models, drawings, Specifications, QFD, DFMEA, Bill of Material, and Instruction Sheets) during the product life cycle.
- Prepare and maintain product layout and detailed drawings and schematics for existing and new products.
- Analyze test data and reports to determine if design meets functional and performance specifications.
- Product development in existing product categories to ensure they meet or exceed commercial standards and/or customer expectations.
- Re-engineering of existing products based upon company direction.
- Analyze research data and proposed product specifications to determine feasibility of product proposal.
- Coordinates manufacturing of product and building of initial prototype.
- Support all areas of Liberty Hardware from Marketing to Sourcing to help maintain global operations.
- Provide support and communication with global engineers, US engineers, contract engineering, and quality assurance to ensure products are fabricated and assembled based on product requirements.
- Use computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering and design tasks.
- Provide technical support on product inquiries.
- Identify areas of improvement and implement new strategies, processes, or ideas.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in related field with at least 2-3 years' related experience and/or training
- Working knowledge of 3-D CAD parametric modeling software
- FEA software knowledge is a plus
- Enterprise software and Microsoft Office experience required
- Manufacturing capabilities specifically related to die casting, injection molding, roll forming and stamping required
- Six Sigma Green or Black Belt Certification is a plus
- Must be able to travel both domestically and internationally 10% of the time (up to 2 weeks at a time); must have a valid passport