Primary responsibilities are the operation of high speed Blow Molding and auxiliary equipment to manufacture plastic parts for cooler related products meeting quality and production standards.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Operate Blow Molding Machines.
• Responsible for visual inspection of production for defects based on Standard. Monitor product for any quality issues.
• Accurately Track production, and rejects on production form.
• Verify that equipment is operating properly. Notify Team Lead or Supervisor.
• Adhere to all Safety Practices.
• Participate and support lean activities.
• Ensure work area meets 5S guidelines.
• Perform product stacking per engineering standards.
• Operate foam equipment.
• Cutting trim flash from parts.
• Get the proper material to the required machines in a safe, productive and efficient manner.
• Operate hot Stamp machines.
• Operate Sonic welders, handle back – up install.
• Maintain acceptable level of housekeeping by 5S standards in the assigned work area. Work areas must be kept free and clear of trash (paper, plastic, cups, bottles, and gloves) or any items which are not necessary to perform work assignment.
• Keep fixture/mold/tooling rack areas clean and organized.
• Re-grind unacceptable parts.
• Achieve established daily performance target.
• Relieve other Machine Operators in the occurrence of machine down time or job re-assignment in pursuit of maintaining departmental efficiency and quality of production.
• Perform basic troubleshooting and routine maintenance on blow molding and auxiliary equipment.
• Perform any and all other duties as assigned.
Minimum Requirements and Desired Qualifications:
• Education: High School Diploma or equivalency.
• Experience: Previous manufacturing experience.
• Language Skills: Able to read, write, and communicate in English or Spanish.
• Ability to work well with others in a team environment and independently is essential.
• Math Skills: Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
• Physical Demands: Able to stand and work 12-hour shift; Able to stoop and bend; Able to walk quickly and climb stairs; Able to lift a maximum of 25 lbs. multiple times per day during a 12 hour shift; Able to manipulate tools with both hands. Minimum height requirement of 60 inches.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Work Environment: Manufacturing environment is hot and humid in summer months; cold during winter months. Loud noise requiring ear protection.
• One (1) year Blow Molding experience.
• Ability to communicate in Spanish
• Able to trim, inspect, parts from multiple machines while working in high heat conditions.
• Action oriented – results driven.
• Familiar with industrial products.
• Daily Efficiency
• Daily Scrap %
• Daily Attainment
• Community- Work well with others in promoting high performance work teams.
• Courage- Share ideas with others that add value and reduce waste/scrap.
• Craftsmanship- Demand quality work of self and others.
• Commitment- Work with others to accomplish the goals of the job.
• Celebration- Achieve common goals and share the successes with others.