SKF Lincoln is a world class manufacturer of lubrication and specialized fluid pumping systems for industrial markets. We currently have an opening for a Product Environmental Compliance Specialist.
Job Purpose: Responsible for managing product compliance for SKF Lincoln.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Analyses requirements in relation to environmental laws and regulations affecting products and keeps up to date with legislative and regulatory changes
- Interprets broad legal requirements potentially applicable to SKF’s product portfolio (articles, mixtures).
- Owns the SKF LBU compliance strategy, having gained commitment from all internal relevant stakeholders
- Elaborates, in collaboration with all internal relevant stakeholders, an SKF LBU strategy for making and demonstrating product compliance
- Elaborates in collaboration with SKF LBU Product Development processes and tools to ensure that new products comply with relevant legislation, and if needed supports implementation of such processes
- Elaborates in collaboration with SKF LBU Purchasing processes and tools to ensure that all purchased products comply with relevant legislation, and if needed supports implementation of such processes
- Elaborates in collaboration with SKF’s LBU Product Management processes and tools to ensure long term proactive compliance for LBU’s portfolio
- Elaborates in collaboration with SKF LBU Sales organization processes and tools to ensure that evidence of compliance of SKF products is brought efficiently to customers.
- Supports SKF LBU Manufacturing in identifying substances which are being considered for regulation and/or at risk of being prohibited by local legislation.
- Collaborates proactively with SKF Quality and EHS organization to ensure that all newly developed or modified processes are in accordance with SKF’s QMS and ISO 9001
- When the laws requires, coordinates necessary communication with legal authorities, including elaboration of content and coordination of responsibilities for communication and required chemical reporting obligations.
- When necessary manages external expert consultants, in both legal and technical areas.
- When necessary, acts as primary contact in responding to external requests regarding product chemical safety
- When deemed necessary, takes active parts in Industry associations, Consortia, Lobbying Groups, or other types of associations with the scope of gaining a better understanding of legal developments, or to promote the protection of SKF’s business and interest.
- Belongs to a core team of Product Environmental Compliance experts, and as such coordinates on all of these aspects with activities conducted in other parts of the company by other members of the same team, and proactively contributes to the development of the knowledge and expertise of such group.
- When necessary, manages or collaborates with activities outside of SKF LBU’s context, in coordination with the Product Environmental Compliance team.
Expert in regulatory compliance in a worldwide environmental and social laws affecting articles. Examples: TSCA as amended, REACH, EU RoHS, China RoHS, California Proposition 65, and Safer Consumer Products Regulations, Dodd-Frank Act, Canada Prohibition of Certain Toxic Substances Regulations 2012, Stockholm Convention on Persistent Organic Pollutants.
A deep understanding of the legal requirements, specifically in relation to articles (mechanical and electro-mechanical components/sub-systems/finished products
Experience in planning and implementation of programs to allow the achievement and demonstration of compliance
Must be able to demonstrate achievements in at least some of these areas: Product Development, Supply Chain management, Product Management and Customer relations management.
Preferably the candidate will have an extensive network among legislators, industry and legal experts, consultants and industry organizations.
Project Management experience is preferable. A college degree in a technical subject or law also required.
SKF Lincoln is an equal opportunity/affirmative employer. The preferred method of application is through our career site at SKF Jobs. If you need accommodation for any part of the application process because of a medical condition or disability, please send an email to HR Jobs@skf.com or call the Human Resources Department at 314-679-4200.