Identifies market trends, issues and competitive environment and forms strategic plans for product brand. Leads the effort to initiate new product strategies in the form of supporting existing brands and creating new products. Evaluates the needs of product marketing and sales personnel on a global basis and initiates strategies that meet regional and worldwide requirements.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Leads the marketing development effort to bring new products from concept through commercialization including market exit
Actively participates in assigned project teams. Acquires product information through market research and regional input to assure projects meet the needs of the intended markets
Works across multiple internal and external groups such as design, packaging and labeling, regulatory claims, surgical technique generation, advertising, sales force education, etc.
Maintains high level of product category knowledge through staying current in published information, regional market contacts, surgeon interaction, and industry educational meetings
Expected Areas of Competence
- Uses knowledge of existing products, new developments and market needs to formulate strategic and creative marketing plans.
- Develops a firm understanding of financial trends and performance in specific brand lines.
- Prepares forecasts and identifies market shifts and threats.
- Uses and understands technical medical language to interact with internal and external customers. Translates technical language and discusses it internally in business terms.
- Assesses brand viability relative to existing products with new product offerings to enhance overall brand offering. Champions the brand through a comprehensive understanding of customer and end-user needs and product positioning relative to the competition.
- Builds and maintains long-term relationships with high level surgical consultants, key strategic customers and regional sales teams to promote and support the Zimmer Biomet brands.
- B.A./B.S. degree, preferably including formal studies in business.
- MBA preferred but not required.
- 6-8 years of product management experience or sales experience, preferably in healthcare.
- Orthopaedic experience is preferred.
- Experience in both Sales and Commercial Marketing is preferred.
Up to 40%