Our client, an innovative manufacturer and distributor, is seeking a Product Manager in its consumer division. In this role, the Product Manager will be responsible for new product development and product management, strategy, marketing, financials, presenting to customers for the purposes of line reviews, and analyzing market competition, margins, and price points. This is a great opportunity for a creative self-starter who is motivated by taking charge of a growing category.
- Meet the consumers’ and retailers’ needs through successfully executing new product development, line extensions, brand strategy, planning, market research, product and program launches, pricing strategy, promotion, and marketing and merchandising initiatives
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to implement go-to-market strategy to achieve successful product positioning, an understanding of the product’s benefits, and capture target audience while managing the full product lifecycle
- Develop marketing plans, strategies, and promotions to create strong product awareness in the marketplace and work with sales on category objectives to increase market share
- Devise fact-based selling presentations with sales, participate in sales calls, and attend trade shows and analyze industry trends, competitive analysis, customer feedback, and technological advancement to drive business forward
Idea candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Marketing, MBA is preferred
- 5+ years of experience in product marketing and at least 2 years of product management preferably within the lawn and garden product lines
- Ability to travel up to 30%, domestically and internationally to Asia, and prior experience in launching a product sourced from China
- Self-starter with a passion for product development, can wear many hats, and possesses strong communication skills
(Position located in the suburbs about 1-hour northwest of Chicago)
BrainWorks is a premier executive search firm that delivers superior talent to drive business performance. Our consultants are experts in their practice areas, which include Consumer Products Careers; Consumer Insights and Market Research; Digital Marketing and eCommerce; CRM, Direct/Database Marketing and Customer Sciences/Advanced Analytics.
The Consumer Products Practice Group places top performing candidates from mid to senior-level executives with companies spanning from Fortune 10 to midsize regional and national firms. Our consumer products recruiters have extensive knowledge of current trends and industry challenges. Some examples of Consumer Products Executive Searches would include C-level Officers, VP’s, Directors and Senior Managers in the areas of Sales, Marketing, Product Development, and Operations.
BrainWorks prides itself on quality, speed and GUARANTEED RESULTS, delivered through our unique QUASAR approach. When you partner with BrainWorks, your company will receive intelligence and industry expertise from consultants who are trustworthy, caring and passionate about your business needs. http://www.brainworksinc.com