Superior Group is seeking a Product Manager for our client in either Lincolnshire, IL or Trevose, PA.
Our client, located in Suburban Philadelphia, PA, is a manufacturer of a wide range of products for the telecommunications, power utility, and cable television industries, and the contractors who serve them. They are looking for new product development-focused candidates who want to help grow this newly acquired business.
The Product Manager is responsible for developing and executing product strategy plans, including 3 year life-cycle plans that fit the company's selling tactics, distribution channels, strategy, and financial goals on the large volume, strategically important product categories. This position ensures timely execution of marketing plans and effectively communicates critical information. This position will supply market and product data, analysis, and recommendations as needed. This position is responsible for understanding competitive product lines and can compare and contrast product features and benefits with a compelling selling story. This position is also responsible for understanding, initiating, and utilizing all tactical business drivers to obtain financial objectives.
Specific Responsibilities will include:
1. Develop short- and long-term product plans designed to deliver growth and profit performance that aligns with the overall goals or the organization.
2. Prepare annual plans for each major product line. Responsible for achieving plans for each major productline.
3. Provide strategic, specific, and targeted recommendations for growth as the recognized expert in the competitive environment, existing internal capabilities, and potential new capabilities. Seek out, evaluate, and prioritize opportunities for product improvements, product line additions, new markets,improved merchandising, promotions, and other growth prospects.
4. Responsible for maintaining a product line portfolio strategy that includes a 3 year product life-cycle plan that will include new product launches, product modifications, promotions, and end of life discontinuations.
5. Provide direction and ensure timely execution of marketing plans including product launches, product modifications, and promotions to drive sales of products.
6. Display leadership qualities when working with cross-functional teams and internal departments. Drives effective communication and collaboration within the organization. Foster good working relationships among team members and other functional contacts. Mentor less experienced Product Management personnel.
7. Market & end user expert through interaction with sales people, distributors, and end users through a variety of venues. Collect and maintain market information. Conduct market research as necessary. Spend 10% of time in the field and documents this time and how and where it is spent learning about customer needs.
8. Serve as the product expert on performance, functionality, pricing, packaging, merchandising, and value propositions to internal and external customers. Provide product-related assistance to other areas of the company as needed.
9. Provide monthly narrative on major product line performance to plan focusing on product lines that are significantly above or below plan along with corrective actions. Provide recommendations for delivering growth.
Required Skills / Qualifications:Bachelor's Degree in Engineering 5 years experience in Business to Business (B2B) product management or a minimum of 3 years product management combined
Preferred Skills / Qualifications:MBA or other advanced degree preferredKnowledge managing budgets, forecasts, and business plans to achieve financial objectives.Knowledge in identifying plus justifying a growth opportunity, then launching new product lines and working with a stage-gate development process.Demonstrate strong communications skills, verbal and written. Demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word).Ability to understand basic financial calculations, simple market research techniques, basic implementation of marketing activities (PR, Advertising, Promotions, POP, Packaging), developing strategic plans (pricing strategy, brand positioning, competitive analysis) with limited assistance, exposure to various manufacturing/sourcing supply chains, and a basic project management proficiency.Ability to be an effective team player that takes initiative and ownership, while influencing cross-functional team.
Go Beyond. .
EEO Employer - Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity.