A great opportunity exists for a Product Manager – Biologics to join the newest pure-play spine organization in the medical device space. Surgalign is an emerging leader in the spine industry, tripling the size of our business over the past five years. We are a global medical technology company advancing the science of spine care, focused on delivering innovative solutions that drive superior clinical and economic outcomes. Surgalign markets products throughout the United States and in more than 50 countries worldwide. Our high-performing company and culture sets us apart from our peers and is what makes us proud to work here. If you want to be part of a team with a passion for winning, a focus on customer-centricity, a growth mindset, and a deep sense of accountability and teamwork, then this role is for you. Join us and be all in on spine.
- Responsible for developing marketing plans for existing and new product launches that include but not limited to marketing collateral creation, customer targeting, value proposition, market and competitive analyses, promotional planning, and sales tool development.
- Manage day-to-day activities of multiple product lines and develop and monitor sales forecasts as necessary to ensure consistent product availability.
- Work closely with R&D, regulatory, quality, legal, and marketing communications teams for creation, review, and approval of marketing and training materials to support biologic products.
- Analyze market trends, company sales, and make modifications to product strategies accordingly.
- Collaborate responsively and proactively with the sales team to provide product technical, clinical, and selling support and participate in key sales activities.
- Monitor competitive landscape to stay up to date on market trends by regularly reviewing scientific literature, competitor product offerings, traveling with the sales team, attending surgeries, and meeting with customers.
- Develop and present business cases as justification for new products, as required.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in business or marketing, MBA preferred
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in marketing and sales or equivalent, preferably in spine and orthopedics
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent organizational, written, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate with all levels in the organization
- Mature judgment and excellent follow-through in all areas of responsibility
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks, assign priorities and ensure efforts are accomplished in a timely and efficient manner
- Ability and willingness to travel
- Proven ability to motivate others and coordinate efforts to ensure efficient and successful outcomes
- Ability to work as an integral team member combining the strengths and abilities of a group to successfully accomplish corporate goals
- Ability to act independently on behalf of the company
- Ability to influence decision-makers throughout the organization
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software, specifically Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
Be Relentless, Gritty & Tenacious
Passion and perseverance over time. We will not be knocked off course.
Act with Speed
Making thoughtful decision quickly. We execute with intensity and operate with a send of urgency to best serve employee and customers.
Customer Focused and Patient Minded
Putting the customer first at every level of the company. We are fully committed to satisfying surgeons needs to improve their patients’ lives.
Lead with Integrity
Hold oneself to the highest ethical and quality standards. We put honesty, transparency, and sound judgement above all else to deliver on our commitments.
Be Bold & Act Courageously
Stand up for what is right. We take risk, have difficult conversations, make bold decisions, and own the results.
We Align with surgeons to improve patient lives by developing and delivering intelligent solutions for spine disorders. We do this through investment in exceptional talent, training, and clinical evidence.