At 10x Genomics, accelerating our understanding of biology is more than a mission for us. It is a commitment. This is the century of biology, and the breakthroughs we make now have the potential to change the world.
We enable scientists to advance their research, allowing them to address scientific questions they did not even know they could ask. Our tools have enabled fundamental discoveries across biology including cancer, immunology, and neuroscience.
Our teams are empowered and encouraged to follow their passions, pursue new ideas, and perform at their best in an inclusive and dynamic environment. We know that behind every scientific breakthrough, there is a deep infrastructure of talented people driving the life sciences industry and making it possible for scientists and clinicians to make new strides. We are dedicated to finding the very best person for every aspect of our work because the innovations and discoveries that we enable together will lead to better technologies, better treatments, and a better future. Find out how you can make a 10x difference.
About the Role:
We are seeking an Associate Product Marketing Manager to lead downstream commercial efforts for our existing spatial product portfolio. This position will report to the spatial platform team and will be responsible for the execution of product marketing activities, ensuring the on-market Visium spatial products are positioned, placed, promoted and specified correctly in the context of spatial gene expression approaches. They will help customers understand the applications of on-market Visium spatial products, execute messaging and collateral, and tell use case stories. They will be responsible for sustaining marketing efforts as well as supporting the sales team by providing training, communications, and marketing material. This position will be part of a cross-functional partnership with marketing, product, and sales, interfacing with product managers within the spatial platform team as well as marketing program management, marketing communications, and sales and distribution teams.
What you will be doing:
- Support on-going business management of the existing product portfolio and promotional programs, building targeted campaigns and content
- Partner with Global Marketing Programs and Marketing Communications to develop key marketing campaign collateral and awareness vehicles to drive demand for their portfolio
- Responsible for competitive positioning and messaging to achieve market share objectives within relevant profitability bounds for 10x’s Spatial Portfolio
- Partner closely with spatial product management teams to gain an understanding of product features and relevance to market segments
- Interface with market development managers to ensure that spatial portfolio is addressed in each research area
- Create sales enablement tools, webinars, support content and other relevant content in close collaboration with product management
- Works in partnership with Applications to develop high quality scientific marketing content for sustaining product portfolio
- Works in collaboration with regional marketing to set goals, themes, and objectives and execute at major conference trade shows
- Implements and maintains "best practices" in brand marketing and product marketing
To be successful in this role, you must have:
- BA/BS or MS or equivalent degree in Life Sciences
- Experience with tissue-based assays(e.g., spatial gene expression, in situ hybridization, immunohistochemistry, histology)
- 2+ years Applications or Product Marketing experience
- Ability to successfully communicate Spatial Gene Expression messaging
- Creativity to generate dynamic content to market Spatial Gene Expression
- Ability to develop Go-to-Market strategies for new product introductions
- Experience working with various cross-functional partners to deliver meaningful results (R&D, Sales, Marcomm, etc.)
- Ability to highly and effectively communicate and influence internal and external audiences, using both oral and written communication skills
- High level of organization, multi-tasking, and attention to detail, with proven ability to manage multiple projects at a given time
Nice to haves:
- Experience in the NGS life sciences industry
- Translational research
- Marketing communications experience
Individuals seeking employment at 10x Genomics are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.