Kratos Space is a leader in assured aerospace communication solutions and services. We are cutting-edge innovators and creative problem solvers working collaboratively to solve our customers’ toughest challenges. Kratos is valued for our ability to design and deliver leading edge, resilient solutions for aerospace communication, control, awareness and mission success across a continuum of offerings—from commercial to tailored custom solutions and integrated programs. We bring both the capability and confidence that our customers value and depend on.
At Kratos, we encourage an entrepreneurial spirit balanced with fiscal and operational discipline. We work hard, we solve hard problems, and we look out for and take care of our customers, each other and our families. Protecting and enabling our customer’s communication systems through innovative aerospace solutions is what motivates us.
We look forward to working with open, honest, caring and passionate individuals that want to bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills to help us continue to build a great company.
The Product Owner is responsible for the execution of product vision and strategy assigned by the Product Manager to support our business initiatives. The Product Owner will work with the Product Manager to understand our overall product strategy and how this strategy should be executed within the Product(s) they are responsible for. This role works with a variety of partners to understand business requirements, build and maintain the product backlog, and successfully lead agile projects through their respective life-cycles. This position will also provide a clear solution description and outline of product features for easy comprehension and consumption by the development team, scrum team, and business partners.
Experience and Skills
- Works with Product Management Team to understand business cases and business goals in order to execute on the vision
- Aligns user needs and business value while streamlining and championing delivery channels for product delivery. Includes technical and go-to-market delivery.
- Partners with and serves as a liaison between Product Management, IT, other internal partners and external vendors to ensure products are meeting customer objectives and also aligned to company goals and technology standards
- Assists with the implementation of projects to ensure successful completion within appropriate budget guidelines and project time-line
- Monitors key performance indicators within owned Products to evaluate product performance and growth
- Works with development scrum teams to execute sprint goals. Plays a key part of development events including planning, backlog refinement, sprint reviews, team retrospectives and daily scrum
- Assists with the elaboration of epics, themes and writing user stories and developing the acceptance criteria.
- Works closely with technical leads and architects to clearly articulate engineering requirements
- Sets goals for the team per sprint, per quarter and for feature releases/product versions
- Creates, maintains, and prioritizes the product backlog according to business priorities and overall product strategy
- Actively engages with Support and Delivery team to collaborate/negotiate and commit to product priorities for specific customer needs.
- Serves as the voice of the customer to the agile team and sets the quality standard for delivery through specific acceptance criteria
- Leads and participates in quarterly Program Increment planning sessions
- Facilitates road map creation, sprint planning sessions, customer demonstrations
- Evaluates the product progress at the end of every sprint and accepts or rejects completed stories and tasks based on the set expected criteria
- Closely collaborates with the scrum master to support the needs of the team. Provides process improvement feedback to the team and Product Managers with a focus on continuous improvement
- Communicates project status to Product Managers and select internal stakeholders, emphasizing and tracking the business value being delivered
- Manages prioritization of customer found defects and works with teams to ensure proper resourcing and scheduling to resolve them.
- Protects the team from internal and external factors that distracts from sprint goals
Product Owner Requirements
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, or related field or equivalent of 2+ years’ experience deploying large-scale enterprise level solutions
- Proven success in developing strong partnership with internal business customers at senior management level
- Proven referent leadership and influencing skills
- In depth understanding of existing business processes and products with relentless focus on delivering value with every iteration and every release
- Deep understanding of customer’s needs to support priority decision making
- Strong knowledge of Agile methodologies
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, detail oriented
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal. Must demonstrate ability to write clear user stories (clear requirements) that translate business vision into solutions and features
- Ability to lead cross functional teams, across diverse geographies
- Adjusts to changing priorities and circumstances quickly and demonstrates ability to make quick decisions
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Previous working experience as a Product Owner is a plus
- Experience using Atlassian agile tools (JIRA, Confluence, Bamboo, BitBucket) creating summary reports and queries
U.S. Citizenship and the ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government Security Clearance is required.
Kratos offers challenging work, an excellent environment, & great benefits! Kratos is an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer that recognizes the importance of diversity. We are committed to maintaining an inclusive environment and strongly encourage minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. Please, no phone calls, agencies or recruiters.