Sasol (USA) Corporation is expanding its existing Louisiana Chemical Operations with the development of a world-scale ethane cracker that will produce 1.5 million tons of ethylene and other downstream derivatives per year. The ethane cracker will enable Sasol to expand its differentiated ethylene derivatives business, while helping to strengthen U.S. manufacturing, boost exports and spur economic growth.
Due to our tremendous growth we are recruiting for a Product Safety Specialist, reporting to the Manager of Product Safety Regulatory Affairs. This position can locate in Houston, Texas or Lake Charles, Louisiana.
Sasol offers a comprehensive total rewards package with market-related compensation and benefits that are consistent across our sites in the USA. The total rewards package is competitive within our industry and is designed to attract and retain our most valuable assets - our employees. Come be a part of our Growing Team!!!
- Monitor state and federal regulatory developments, trends, and assess impacts on requirements for Sasol products manufactured domestically or imported into the US.
- Expertise in EPA TSCA compliance, FDA food contact applications, and OSHA hazard communication.
- Provide regulatory support and guidance for North America Operations and applicable Businesses in the marketing and safe use of Sasol products. Respond to internal and external customer request for regulatory and product related information and documentation.
- Responsible for coordinating, preparing and submitting new chemical notifications and registrations to ensure products are approved domestically and internationally.
- Develop Product Safety systems and procedures for new or modified product requirements and/or assist manufacturing in regulatory reporting mandates. Develop safety bulletins and other specialized literature pertaining to product safety and compliance.
- Supervise contractors/consultants to accomplish tasks for regulatory and other corporate activities involving Sasol products.
- Conduct hazard assessments and classifications for global chemical control laws and initiatives related to Product Stewardship and ensure consistency where appropriate.
- Select, lead and/or participate on teams developing internal standards and priority projects to manage complex product safety issues and problems. Work directly with toxicologist, Eco-toxicologist, and other specialized professional fields.
- Liaison with business leaders within R&D, Market Development, Sales & Marketing, Planning & Optimization and other regulatory staff in the product development process.
- Represent Sasol to customers, regulatory agencies, trade associations, and industry on matters of product safety and compliance.
- Lead or participate in corporate ISO audits and other company audit initiatives, as needed.
Experience and/or Educational Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sciences, Chemical or Chemistry
- 5 plus years of regulatory affairs, product safety or product stewardship related experience in the Chemical industry
- Expert knowledge of US regulations and standards (EPA TSCA, OSHA, and FDA); Canada, EU and Asia-Pacific product laws
- Excellent leadership and project management; Multi-tasker
- Polymer and/or Wax regulatory knowledge
- Communicates effectively both orally and written; detail oriented
- Good interpersonal skills cross-culturally
- SAP, EPA CDX, and Microsoft proficient
Aerial View of Construction on Sasol's US Mega Project - YouTube
Location: Houston, Texas
Sasol (USA) Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, as well as any other characteristic protected by applicable law, regulation or local ordinance. For more information about your rights under the law, see http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
Sasol treats work-authorized job applicants equally in recruiting and hiring without regard to their citizenship status or national origin unless required by law, regulation, executive order, government contract, or determination by the Attorney General. Please note Sasol will not sponsor, obtain, and/or petition for temporary visa status (for example, E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN) for candidates for this position and/or personnel hired for this position.
We are not accepting unsolicited resumes from 3rd party recruitment agencies, therefore we will not a pay a fee for resumes submitted.