| Job Description: |
|The Production Control is responsible for the movement of materials, tools, and relevant documents throughout the manufacturing floor to support on-time completion of work within each production department. |
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- At the request of the Planning Department, distributes work center dispatches and prioritizes work on the manufacturing floor.
- Moves parts, tools, and manufacturing travelers from material control to work center(s).
- Assists planning, locating lost and/or missing paperwork
- Expedites manufacturing travelers, tools, and materials on the manufacturing floor, coordinating with Planning, Material Control, and Manufacturing.
- Supports supervisors by filling shortages, DMRs, and/or MCOs.
- Works with Quality on on-hold status items, communicates to planning.
- Supports Property Administrators, as required, to handle scrap materials after DMR disposition.
- Maintains frequent, constant communication with planning to understand what items require expedite.
- Is responsible to be knowledgeable on contract deliverable dates and to use this knowledge to ensure manufacturing work in progress gets prioritized correctly.
- Responsible for mitigating production "line stop " situations, wherever possible.
- Reviews daily shipping report to understand daily, weekly, monthly requirements for contracts that are shipping during current financial period.
- Understands and abides by all QMS procedures.
- Ensures all tools are calibrated & validated, on-time from job creation to put away
- Other related duties as assigned.
- May be required to obtain fork lift operator certification
- Attends production status meeting each week and takes action on items that need to be monitored on production floor.
- Maintains a clean work area ensuring strict adherence to the 5S Standards.
- May attend program meetings, as needed.
- Looks for safety concerns and when identified, reports them to supervisor.
- Manages plan review cart and brings travelers ready for plan review to Planners
- Reviews shortages on jobs in SU status at each work center and fills shortages.
- Attends daily manufacturing meetings and reports out on selected dispatches
- Identifies process deficiencies and reports to supervisor.
- Identifies part discrepancies and reports to supervisor with recommendations for correction.
- Assist supervisors in getting material unissued from jobs due to Discrepanet Material Report disposition
- May be required to create/assist with written work instructions
- Communicates with shipping/receiving and quality on priorities for manufacturing
- Obtain Fork lift certification, and Forklift trainer certification in order to train other team members
- Works under minimal supervision.
- Mentors and trains Production Control I-II.
- Understands and is knowledgeable enough about company procedures to support the maintenance of the Production Control departmental work instructions.
- Performs safety inspections and reports any issues to the Production Planning Supervisor.
- Assists Property Administrators and Inventory Analysts with audits, as required.
- Assists Property Administrators, as needed, to perform shipping functions related to GFM plant clearance approved dispositions.
- Monitors and statuses travelers that are >5 days behind schedule and reports impact to management
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Must be able to demonstrate accurate, basic math skills.
- Must be able to demonstrate basic computer skills.
- Fork lift Certification required
- Is trained and is proficient with ERP functions.
- Ability to identify process deficiencies.
- Ability to identify part discrepancies and make recommendations for correction.
- Intermediate to Advanced computer skills with the ability to navigate around files, with Advanced Excel skills.
- Basic Hazardous Materials training preferred.
- Sustain certifications of Manufacturing or Production Control I-II
- Ability to distinguish the differences and ensure proper process is followed for RMA and RTV processing.
- Must handle Government and Customer property appropriately, per our QMS documentation.
- Ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information as required by government standards.
- Ability to interact effectively with peers and supervisors.
- Ability to interact appropriately with the public when necessary.
- Ability to adhere to workplace rules.
- Ability to effectively communicate professionally in writing or verbally with all levels of personnel.
| Experience and Skills: |
- Requires high school education or equivalent.
- Preferably 6+ years related experience in a Manufacturing/Production Control.
- May be required to obtain and maintain a U.S. security clearance at the appropriate level (requires U.S. Citizenship).
WORK ENVIROMENT / PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- While performing the duties of this job the employee may regularly be required to stand, walk, climb, stoop, kneel, bend or crouch and use material handling equipment.
- The employee may frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds unassisted
- Must be able to work in uncontrolled climate conditions. Possibility of exposure to noise, dust and hazardous chemicals.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- May work extended hours or weekends.