State: North Carolina
Postal/Zip Code: 28732
Since 1947, Harrison Construction Company, an Oldcastle Materials company, has been the preferred source for ground-level site construction throughout eastern Tennessee and western North Carolina. Committed to quality, service and safety, our integrated products and services enable us to build and manage site development projects from concept through construction. In addition, by being a part of the Oldcastle family, we are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that come together to form Oldcastle. Oldcastle is the number one asphalt producer, the third-largest aggregates producer, and one of the top five ready mixed concrete producers in the United States. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Production Laborer -2nd shift
Tired of browsing the classifieds? Job searches unsuccessful? Look no further, HARRISON CONSTRUCTION/INDUSTRIAL MINERALS has the perfect career opportunity waiting for you!
Job Description Summary
- Crew member essential to manufacturing/shipping operations.
- May operate fork truck for stacking product of 50 to 100 pounds.
- Loading, unloading, and stacking of materials.
- Must partner with other crew members to ensure efficient operation and to perform tasks of other positions as instructed by crew foreman to ensure daily schedules/estimates are met.
- Attendance required according to company attendance policy to ensure crew is able to operate at normal efficiency level.
- Physical ability to lift bags of product and to operate fork truck under temperature extremes and for extended hours of time.
- Attitude/Cooperation: Must always maintain a courteous and professional manner with co-workers, customers, public.
- Ability to be flexible with last minute schedule changes, location changes, time of shift changes. Overtime work required. Out of town/county/state work may be required.
- Initiative to perform/assist with other positions for job completion.
- Ability to adhere to personal protective equipment (PPE) policy and maintain individual PPE in functional condition.
- Must pass drug test and criminal background check.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred, but not required.
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Harrison Construction Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
Harrison Construction Company is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.