Member of the location leadership team. Directly responsible for the overall management of the assigned department including all aspects of current operation to assure acceptable safety, housekeeping, quality, productivity, employee conduct and performance criteria are achieved. Direct responsibility for all department employees to ensure proper orientations, training, development, compensation and working conditions are present.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for assigned department functions and all associated personnel.
- Responsible to appropriately staff and schedule departmental personnel to ensure production requirements are met while minimizing costs.
- Responsible for planning departmental operations by establishing priorities and sequences for manufacturing products.
- Develops or revises standard operational and working practices and observes workers to ensure compliance with standards.
- Observes and coaches personnel on work related issues.
- Ensures plant staff (Leads) enforces Company policies and procedures, plant wide safety rules and employee rules of conduct.
- Responsible for: developing people; improving processes; reducing costs; quality monitoring and improvements; superior customer service; and on-time delivery.
- Incorporates Milgard’s vision and values into day-to-day activities and behaviors; guides and motivates others to remain committed to the Milgard philosophy.
- Responsible for interviewing, hiring, training, terminating, disciplining and coaching employees.
- Able to motivate employees to achieve results. Must be an effective communicator, capable of teaching and generating results while enhancing the Milgard work environment and supporting the Company philosophy.
- Participates in the Leadership Development Program (LDP) for the location.
- Creates and executes MPS objectives, meeting MPS commitments and working within the guidelines of MPS; reflects Milgard business values and the Milgard philosophy in all business interactions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by employees in this position. This not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities.
LEVEL OF SUPERVISION:
- Supervises assigned department Leads. The Production Supervisor must be able to function with minimal supervision.
- Minimum three (3) to five (5) years production supervision experience.
- Prior employee management experience preferred
- High School diploma
- Some college preferred
- Read, write and understand the English language
- Sense of urgency and self-motivation; ability to work independently
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Computer literacy with ability to learn new computer software programs
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Attention to detail with strong organizational skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Capable of lifting up to 100 pounds
- Prolonged standing and repetitive motions, bending, stooping, pushing and pulling
- Prolonged sitting and terminal use
- Good hand eye coordination and the ability to discern colors
- Hand dexterity and strength
- Work performed indoors and outdoors in a warehouse type facility
Milgard does not tolerate discrimination of any type, and offers equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, natural origin, age, disability or medical condition, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other considerations made unlawful by Federal, State or local laws. We believe in providing eligible and qualified employees with opportunities to advance. Milgard is an at-will employer.