UNIVACCO Technology Inc., is a global manufacturer of Hot Stamping Foils, Cold Foils, Holographic Foils and functional foils. As the American headquarters, UNIVACCO Foils is positioned to offer our customers an entire suite of foils to serve their needs in packaging, labeling, and beyond. Under the supervision of the operations manager the production machine operator is responsible performing machine set-ups, operating the production equipment to produce finish products as per production work orders and schedules and perform routine equipment maintenance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Follow all safety procedures and wear appropriate safety equipment at all times
- Carry out tasks as assigned by the operations manager or his designate
- Load jumbo rolls of product onto the unwind, and unload finished product from the rewind sections of various slitting and slitter rewind machines.
- Set slitter knives or blades to the correct spacing to produce properly sized finished rolls
- Review job work orders to determine proper size and quantity of rolls to be produced
- Record production results including issuing and receiving material, reporting scrap and production labor by entering either manually or through barcode scanners
- Pack and label completed rolls for shipping
- Perform routine equipment maintenance including PM
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment by keeping shelves, pallet area, and work stations neat; sweep, dust and mop
- Organize warehouse and work area for orderliness at all times
- Maintain and follow organization’s quality standards
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Report any discrepancies
Qualified Canadates must have the ability to add and subtract two digit numbers. Ability to utilize and understand measurements of weight, volume and, distance as well as read and use a tape measure. Also an understanding of mechanical systems and the ability to use basic tools for equipment repair and preventive maintenance.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, Reach with hands and arms, climb or balance; stoop, kneel, or crouch. Lift up to 75 pounds.