Are you ready to take your production management career to the next level?
Is working for a global manufacturer the next right next step for you?
Would you like to take that step with a global leader positioned for significant growth?
Our Client is a global manufacturer of carbon-based products who operates close to their customers through a global sales network and state-of-the-art production sites in Europe, North America and Asia.The operate forty (40) production sites worldwide including seven (7) in the U.S. and a service network in 100+ countries.
In this position you will lead and manage plant production operations including extrusion, baking, pitch impregnation, re-baking, graphitization, machining and shipping. You will also function as a key organizational leader and member of the plant leadership team.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES AND METRICS
- Provide leadership to five (5) Production Department Managers and (1) Production Coordinator as well as an indirect staff of twelve (12) supervisors and one hundred thirty (130) hourly employees in the Extrusion, Bake, PI, Graphite, Specialty Machining and Shipping departments.
- Plan and manage the $30.0 million plant annual operating budget, as well as the $4.0 + million capital budget.
- Manage the production of five products: GS, PC, SDR, HLM & GAM
- Oversee production planning of 5,000 mt per month throughput as well as schedules in coordination with SCM.
- Manage Production capacity of up to 170k/mt throughput
BACKGROUND AND EXPERIENCES
- 5 plus years
- Leading and managing manufacturing operations.
- Engineering and maintenance manufacturing operations experience
in a union environment preferred.
- Working knowledge of SAP or similar exposure to other MRP systems is preferred.
- Capital projects leadership and management experience a must.
- Project management experiences managing multiple projects concurrently within a dynamic environment
- Highly effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent planning, multi-tasking and organizational skills.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong background in Lean and Six Sigma methodology
- Skilled in leading, managing, motivating and coaching employees
- Proficient in all Microsoft applications
- Ability to present (public speaking) to diverse groups (Upper Management, Hourly Workforce and Peers)
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills.
- Ability to establish metrics to track overall progress, as well as, individual projects/activities.
- Working knowledge of PLC’s and control systems helpful
- In depth leadership, management and supervisory skills a must
- BS Mechanical, Electrical Engineering, Business or other related discipline.