Hentzen is a unique company in today’s world. Since our inception in 1923, we have remained an independent, privately held company committed to being a leader in the development and manufacture of quality coatings through innovation, dedication and service to our customers and employees. This continual commitment has led to Hentzen’s recognition as a technology leader and trusted partner to our customers in the aerospace, defense and industrial markets we serve. Through nearly 100 years of innovation experience, we have developed a unique ability to custom engineer advanced coatings designed to meet each of our customers’ unique and challenging requirements. This innovation comes to life in our state-of-the-art facilities where our talented employees are challenged to develop coatings to solve these unique problems. If you want to join a technology leader, known for its innovation and dedication to its customers and employees, Hentzen can offer you a rewarding and challenging opportunity to learn and grow.
Lab Technician-QC Powder
2nd Shift (3:00pm-11:30pm)
The Lab Technician – Powder performs standard test procedures on material samples to ensure quality and conformance to specifications.
DESCRIPTION OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
· Test raw material and finished powder coating samples per established specifications which includes processing of material and test panel preparation
· Make pass/fail determinations based on listed specifications and product knowledge
· Make adjustments to out-of-spec material
· Apply knowledge of the production process and understanding of formulation technology to solve production related problems
· Develop understanding of how coating formulations and properties affect end-user application
· Perform a variety of lab studies or services in support of projects under the supervision/direction of the QC Manager or a development team member
· Produce neat and orderly documents and reports such as product run logs, certificates of analysis, recertification records and others as requested
· Prepare pre-ship and co-ship customer packages and expedite to the shipping department
· Operate all equipment and instruments in a safe manner
· Responsible for upkeep and cleanliness of laboratory equipment and instruments
· As part of the housekeeping procedures, the employee may be involved with the disposal of hazardous waste. The initial training of how to properly dispose of hazardous waste will be performed by the Environmental and Safety Coordinator or the department supervisor. Annual training of the same will be performed by the Environmental and Safety Coordinator.
· Other duties as assigned
· Preferred education level: High school diploma or equivalent
· Preferred experience level: One to three years experience in a laboratory setting preferably in a manufacturing environment
· Experience with pre-mixing equipment, scales, colorimeter/particle analyzer/gloss meter, extruders, grinders, film gauges and spray guns preferred
· Excellent basic math skills including conversion from standard to metric
· Excellent computer skills including experience in production software
· Excellent communication skills
· Willing to work in a team environment
· Ability to receive and provide instructions in a positive manner
The employee may be occasionally exposed to fumes and/or airborne particles in the lab area. The employee is occasionally exposed to hazardous materials. The employee may be occasionally exposed to humid conditions (non-weather) and may be working near moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions.
The noise level in the work environment may be loud while production equipment is running.
Personal Protection Equipment is required during various processes in the lab area. Safety shoes, glasses, dust mask, fire retardant uniform or lab coat, and gloves may be required when performing certain lab activities.
Please send resume with cover letter to:
Hentzen Coatings, Inc.
6937 W. Mill Road
Milwaukee, WI 53218
Women, minorities, Veterans and disabled individuals are encouraged to apply
HENTZEN COATINGS INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview
All candidates are subject to post offer drug/alcohol screening, job related physicals, and back ground checks.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE