The Agfa-Gevaert Group develops, produces and distributes an extensive range of analog and digital imaging systems and IT solutions, mainly for the printing industry and the healthcare sector, as well as for specific industrial applications.Job description:
Agfa Graphics is a leading supplier to the printing industry. All over the world, we supply sign & display companies with a range of highly productive and versatile wide-format inkjet printers and dedicated inks, in addition to workflow automation software. We also serve various industries by deploying our state-of-the-art inkjet inks in printing solutions that are integrated into existing manufacturing processes.
Commercial, newspaper and packaging printers count on us for the most extensive range of prepress solutions, including hardware, software and consumables. These include a.o. user-friendly chemistry-free printing technology which saves costs and the environment, as well as mobile publishing software for newspapers and magazines.
This position is responsible for assisting the Planning team in the planning process. Under the guidance of the Planning Manager, the Production Planning Intern will work closely with Planning Team assist in the logistical planning and supply chain processes for the Branchburg site. Become familiar with material and data flow within the production environment. Gain an understanding of the data structure and functionality of production modules within SAP with the objective of piloting projects. Follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOP). In addition, will also have the opportunity to pilot projects and work side-by-side with respected engineers/supply chain/I.T./etc
- The Production Planning intern will be expected to gradually work with minimal direction while exemplifying leadership through proven drive and personal initiatives.
- Complete projects in the planning department. These projects can be related to: master data maintenance, production optimization, phase in/phase out
- Must be enrolled in their junior or senior year with major in planning, business, logistics, supply chain.
- APICS membership or accreditation - a plus
- Previous internship experience - preferred
- Experience working in a manufacturing or warehouse environment, preferred.
- Specific skills (core competencies, key specialties, technical, human relations or managerial skills, and knowledge areas necessary)
- Knowledge of Materials Management, MRP, Capacity Planning, BOM's and Routings
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication / comprehension skills
- Experienced in Microsoft Office Suite - Focus on Access & Excel
- Statistical methods knowledge
- Manages and prioritizes workload
- Demonstrates ability to multi-task; Possesses strong analytical skills
- Demonstrates a customer orientation; strength in analytical, math, and reasoning skills
- Effectively communicates verbally and in writing
- Possesses proficiency in MS Office application
- Access experience (intermediate or better) highly desired
- Must have the ability to speak, read and write English.
Agfa Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans
Agfa is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical or mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail AccessAgfaJobs@agfa.com or call: 201-373-4010. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis."