Position Production Supervisor 2 (8294499)
Hours: 02:00 P.M. -11 A.M.
Location: Lexington, KY,40511
Duration: 12+contract to hire
Responsible for implementing and driving change in a high volume, fast-paced, lean manufacturing environment. Reports directly to unit manager.
Interacts daily with department supervisors/leaders in Operations, Quality, Human Resources, Finance, Materials, Engineering, and Continuous Improvement office.
- Responsible for overall performance of assigned work group, including safety, quality, cost and output schedule performance.
- Proactive support of plant wide safety program, including ongoing.
- Actively support plant programs and goals – In particular with Units per man hour, Recordable incidents, Overtime budgets, customer availability, etc.
- Identify opportunities for improvement; implement improvement plans.
- Lead daily problem-solving activities within teams for process improvements.
- Drive talent development of salaried team members. Develop department budgets and ensure they are to plan.
- Coordinate with other functional areas to ensure accomplishment of overall plant objectives.
- Provide for effective associate relations within manufacturing by ensuring that employment practices are fair and consistent. Ensure adherence to standard work, including plant work rules.
- Implement plant wide communication plans and initiatives with employees in area of responsibility.
- Serve as primary communication vehicle between leadership team and production employees.
- During non-peak season, will perform additional industrial projects (i.e. standard work, process improvements, etc.)
- 2 to 4 years of manufacturing experience,
- *Military experience a plus*.
- Internship/Co-Op experience will be considered.
Skills and Competencies:
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills are a must.
- Must be self-motivated, results and action oriented.
- Ability to make independent and sound decisions.
- Must possess sound interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Experience as a change agent in an organization. In-depth knowledge of lean manufacturing principles (Toyota Production Systems) preferred.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Must be able to work all shifts. Demonstrated proficiency using MS Office suite.
- Excellent problem solving and conflict management skills.
- Ability to implement change to support plant vision.
- Principle-centered leadership; high level of integrity and ethics
Additional Job Details:
- Candidates must be able to work any shift (1st, 2nd or 3rd) typically a 9 hour work day
- will start out on 1st shift for 30 days, should have experience managing/supervising 25-50 people, responsible for employee training (safety training will be provided), good problem solving skills and have accountability PPE - Steel Toe shoes are required - Safety glasses with side shields - Long sleeves and gloves