R01: Job Description
Reports to Operations Manager/Plant Manager
Summary/Objective The Production Supervisor supervises the operations team that prepares and operates specific manufacturing equipment, loading and unloading materials, transport of materials and consumable to/from machines to other process steps. The Production Supervisor is responsible to ensure all aspects of the daily manufacturing operation requirements are met.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ensure effective employee relations. Provide employee coaching and development. Makes employment decisions. Resolve employee issues through problem resolution.
- Balance quality, productivity, cost, safety and morale to achieve positive results in all areas. Work to continuously improve in all areas.
- Manage departmental performance measures, including visual controls and provides regular progress reports to manager.
- Manage KPIs.
- Perform accident investigations.
- Ensure proper inventory levels.
- Manage department priorities.
- Track absenteeism and timekeeping.
- Analyzes work orders to estimate worker hours and create production schedules that meet both internal and external requirements. Works with Planning to prepares operational schedules and coordinates manufacturing activities to ensure production meets safety, quality, productivity and delivery requirements
- Reviews production and operating reports to meet Machine capacity requirements. Helps resolves operational and manufacturing problems. Maintains required preventative maintenance of equipment in partnership with Engineers, Mechanics and Facilities to prevent operational delays.
- Tracks department metrics and identifies/drives continuous improvement. Develops, recommends, and implements measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product. Interacts with engineering in the implementation of process improvements.
- Understands manufacturing and inspection methods.
- Works with Material Mover to compute amounts of stock and supplies required for operations, based on production schedules, and requisitions materials from storage area.
- Interprets specifications, blueprints, and job orders to workers, and assigns duties.
- Interfaces with others in the organization to ensure customer deadlines are met.
- Understands the production Machine and 2ndary Processes, Work Instructions, Quality requirements.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, and assists workers in solving work related issues.
- Responsible for meeting staffing requirements. Maintains motivated and competent workforce. Creates/updates job descriptions, obtains approval to initiate recruitment activities. Coordinates with Staffing /HR to recruit competent personnel. Participates in staffing process, recommends hiring, merit increases, promotions or other personnel actions. Implements appropriate performance management practices including, coaching and counseling employees to maximize performance. Supports and follows company policies and legal requirements.
- Supports and encourages adherence to the company safety program and policies.
- Develops or revises standard operational and working practices and observes workers to ensure compliance with standards, meet GMP and Regulatory requirements.
- Able to lead instructor lead training and OJT training of Team Members. Insures all operators are in compliance with training requirements.
- Responsible for ensuring accurate and current administrative documentation.
- Participates in MRB meeting to resolve product and process issues. Support Crab meeting to ensure changes to the production process meet Operation, and Quality Requirements. Understand and follow the work station / assembly work instructions.
- Reports any malfunctions or abnormalities and makes minor adjustments and repairs to equipment.
- Performance Management.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Results Driven.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Time Management.
- Technical Capacity.
- Learning Orientation.
This position manages all employees of the department and is responsible for the performance management and assists in hiring of the employees within that department.
This job operates in a professional office and assembly line/production environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, with hours to be determined.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
1. Associate’s degree or work related equivalent.
2. 3-5 years of experience in a production environment.
3. Manufacturing industry knowledge.
4. Previous quality management experience.
Preferred Education and Experience
1. Bachelor’s degree.
2. 5-8 years of experience in a production environment.
3. Solar industry knowledge.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
None required for this position.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
SolarTech Universal provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, SolarTech complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
SolarTech expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of SolarTech’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.